Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

If then statements

Hi, this is for a homebrew thing, but hopefully, I can get some help if anyone even sees this. How would I/ is it possible to make ((?{Chakra Strike|8}+?{Disastrous Strike|No,0|Yes,1}))d8ro<2 have it so that the ro2 is conditional to disastrous strike without having to make them separate? So like, if I use disastrous strike the whole thing is ro<2 
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
Roll queries only have one output, so while they can be re-used in different places, that output value has to be in a form that is usable in those multiple places. Sometimes you will see a 1 or 0 being the choices, and then later that is involved in math operations to drop parts of a roll equation. In your case, I don't see a way to drop that ro<2 text short of everything being in the branch of the first roll query. That would look something like this: [[?{Disastrous Strike|No,?{Chakra Strike|8}d8|Yes,(?{Chakra Strike|8} + 1)d8ro<2}]]
Thanks for that, that is a different way of doing it than what I was shown. Looks like they do the same thing though. Someone showed me:  /roll (?{Chakra Strike|8}*(1-?{Disastrous Strike|0}))d8+(?{Chakra Strike|8}*?{Disastrous Strike|0})d8ro<2
I can't manage to find a way to get either of those specifically to get it to triple the damage of the whole attack. I can do it for other things though. My guess is that it is too complex for it to read it normally or I keep messing it up somehow. I still don't really know how it works all to well.
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
What is the third part of the "triple" damage? I see Chakra Strike and Disastrous Strike. The third is...?
No, I am saying I want to add triple damage but idk how for this specific macro