Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

[LFDM][D&D5e][Paid] Group of at least 4 looking for DM for game

Myself and 3 friends would like to get a regular game going, but need a DM to run the campaign. We aren't incredibly experienced, but I have DM'ed a few one shots and one longer homebrew campaign. The other 3 players have participated in those campaigns. I love DM'ing, but don't have the time right now to prep for sessions and I've never been a player, so would love to experience that side of the table. We're willing to pay for a dedicated DM, would just need someone who is good with newer players. 
What day and Time zone are you looking to play in?
We're split timezones. Two of us are Central and two of us are Pacific. But Sunday nights or Monday nights would be best all around. 
I may not be able to immediately meet your party’s needs but I hope you’ll give me some feedback. I am a very experienced (40+ years) DM. People keep telling me I’m really good at it and I’m starting to believe them. I’m thinking about running a paid game but am really unsure. So I’m hoping for feedback from players who are willing to pay. Hopefully you can help me out.   What are y’all looking for in a paid game. In addition, how would your expectations be different for a DM in a paid vs not game? How big are the bells and whistles, like APIs, Dynamic lighting, music, etc.? Are y’all looking for a campaign or one shots? What are you considering paying? A loaded question, I know. Feel free to not answer if you’re not comfortable. I don’t have a basis to determine what I would charge. Anything else you would want a prospective DM to know about what you want? Thanks! David
Once a function fortress where wizards honed their eldritch craft, little now remains of the Scarlet Citadel--on the surface. The place now has a sinister and deadly reputation among adventurers and lorekeepers, and for good reason. The dungeon's well-trod stairs have seen few return from their journeys below. Here, deep underground, dwarven mercenaries once bred their owlbears for war, sorcerers from the White Forest practiced their arts, and strange cults from other realms drew from mysterious nodes of power. Ancient treasures and secrets are still scattered everywhere. Malevolent creatures spin shadowy webs, enchant foul magics, and summon forth dark gods.  A classic-style adventure for 10 levels of play, fully compatible for D&D 5E. Ten gorgeous, full-color battle maps with grid squares perfect for VTT tokens. Unique overlay maps to be placed atop the battle maps to depict unique traps, hazards, and other interactions with the dungeon. Suited for newcomers to tabletop RPGs as well as long-time Game Masters. Optimized for  evocative combats  and  magical mysteries , and  brimming with plots and subplots to uncover . Full of original traps and new monsters as well as a complete write-up of the nearby town of Redtower, where the adventurers can set up a home base. I run games worth winning , searching out for only the most unique stories and most powerful treasures. Are you brave enough to claim them? Professionalism defined:  Having worked on a nuclear power plant I bring a level of seriousness to the table that is tempered by moments of levity.  Immediate connection with players:  Having run games for the world's greatest conventions (GaryCon, GenCon, soon to be more! Mwahaha!) I know how to get people playing and into the game quickly. Teaching people new systems. Turning strangers into lifelong friends. Managed diverse players:  I have ran and managed stores for Organized Play, I take everybody and integrate their character into the story. Attention to detail:  You will be immersed in the story.  Your choices matter.  Your character matters. Change the world around you.  I specialize on bringing back old school flare with a modern ruleset. I honor the past but focus on the future, putting storytelling first.  Not just a legendary tale but you will become a legendary player, in either victory or defeat.  Together we make legends.  Testimonials "I enjoyed our game quite a bit, I thought our small band of adventurers guided by you as DM, had fun, even if 2/3rds of us were dead before the end. Hahaha. This was my first ever Garycon game and so I appreciated your style of DM’ing as it provided an enjoyable first experience." ~ Erika - Most Brave Adventurer "Pacing was good...Combat was good... Compelling vignettes." ~ Todd - Most Bloodied Warrior "Thirsty Bard runs a really fun game. I DM myself and I joined his game with learning and fun in mind. His story is generally linear to a point with wide potential for players to meander. Here’s the first potential goal, go for it. I like that. I have only been with the group a few sessions and I can already tell there is a lot to unfold still and look forward to it.  He is an amazing GM and glad that I got into one of his campaigns. I am enjoying the custom maps and tokens. He has done a good job converting an old school module into 5e. He takes time to post a write-up between sessions." ~ Duma - The Downed Halfling  This campaign is split into two distinct areas, much like the village of Hommlet and Temple of Elemental Evil. The dungeon is somewhat linear (go deeper and it's more dangerous), while returning to town has an infinite number of possibilities. There will be downtime montages where each player gets to advance their own person goals while out of the dungeon. I am available every other Sunday for 3 hour sessions. Discord name and Discord Server available upon request.  This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $120 per weekly session via Paypal or Email Invoice. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements.
I'm in Pacific as well so depending on the time, as I run another game on Sunday as well, could possibly run a game for your group. It would be 10 USD per person at the table for each session.  Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. Good luck finding a game I know how hard it can be and Happy Gaming! P.S. make sure to try and get a session zero for free so you know what your paying for and to see what everyone wants to play, their character, and the type of game you would be playing in so the DM could answer questions while there. Good Luck and Happy Gaming!
Not to Knife the people trying to get paid but... Hey there, I'm Tom but I generally go by Yoshi by most all of my gaming friends. I'm 28, and have been DMing since Highschool ish. I'm a fairly laid back person who is looking to host a game on a campaign that I've had sitting for a long time and never really gotten a chance to use. I've mostly played at Adventures league games as a DM, and about 3 homebrews that all lasted a year+ I've never hosted a full game on Roll20 but my desire to get back into DnD has driven me to look her for an outlet. i've played with it a bit and have it figured out, and I'm not shy as to paying for the premium roll20 so that we can use good assets. I also am not going to charge for sessions! I just want people to play with as well as work has kept me out of TTRPGs for too long. If you dont mind a DM brushing off some rust after not playing for a a year of two, then I'd love to host something for you. I have a couple Homebrew Campaigns that I've ran for friends in the past that were good, and I dont mind doing Official Modules.
1630837953

Edited 1630837967
Greetings Friend, I am Heir of Solaire; At your service. I run a Homebrew Setting in a modified version of DND 5E rules, both by my design. This setting is known as Herraheim, an Archipelago of intrigue, opportunity, and danger.&nbsp;The region&nbsp;is primarily inspired by Scandinavian Mythos and Culture; all with my own flair for dark and gritty fantasy. Here on Herraheim, you have the greatest level imaginable in the realm of freedom. Despite the initial hook bringing people together, each of my groups have veered wildly from each other, taking on different aspects of the world. Herraheim lives and breathes, it feels like it's lived in. NPCs feel like actual people; They have goals and inspirations, personalities and flaws. Roleplay has a heavy hand in my games as a result. Combat is usually never forced without probable cause. Players can seek combat and turn it into hack'n'slash, but that's not the base climate of my games. As a note, I do charge as a DM. My rate is the lower end of average for Professional DMs. My currently open sessions fall on Friday at 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM PST and Friday at 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM PST. If you're per chance interested, you can Private Message me here; You can DM me on Discord at Heir of Solaire#5845 ; or you can go to my Forum Post and apply there. Additional information is presented in the Forum Post at the following link:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10358636/lfp-dnd-5e-paid-homebrew-campaign-herraheim-calling-professional-dm-beginner-and-lgbtq-plus-friendly-friday/?pageforid=10358659#post-10358659" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10358636/lfp-dnd-5e-paid-homebrew-campaign-herraheim-calling-professional-dm-beginner-and-lgbtq-plus-friendly-friday/?pageforid=10358659#post-10358659</a>
Hey, my dude! I see you have a few other folks showing up, but I would love to direct you to plusoneproductions.ca and have you give me a shout. I read your ad and am super interested. I would be willing to run a free one-shot to show you my stuff. Hope your day is going well!&nbsp;&nbsp;Remember, your life is a story. Make it a great one.&nbsp;