Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

HELP Please

I have players in the Dungeon of the Mad Mage module. Today I wanted to check out the addon for the deck cards and added it. I tried to deal a few cards etc. then I recalled all.  I decided I didn't want to use the addon so removed it from the game(which doesn't actually remove it from the game according to a message!).  Now all tokens are removed from my Dungeon of the Mad Mage on maps when I launch the game. Party was currently on level 4 but all tokens are gone etc. in fact all maps are missing tokens. So I'm thinking I will create a new game - I just want to get all the current character sheets from this game that I can't use anymore over to the new game. I can then put the party back to where they were on the map, add all the annotations, etc. Can someone let me know how easy/hard to do and what steps to take.  I have a week to set it up before our next session. Thanks.

Edited 1632612887
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Not sure exactly how you got to that spot, but the easiest steps to restore would be: Create a brand new game with the module. Use the Character Vault to move the PCs from the old game. Recreate any custom macros or rollable tables you might have made. Invite players to new game. You may need to reassign their permissions to the character sheets after they have joined the new game. This is much easier to do with the Transmogrifier (a Pro Perk) but can be done with the Character Vault. Note that for future reference, you can make your macros much more portable by using a  Macro Character Sheet , instead of building them all in the Collections tab.
Gold
Forum Champion
They need to Roll-Back. The way this happened is a common user mistake: They've added the DotMM ADD-ON on top of the DotMM MODULE. This is a no-no (Yes it's super confusing). Doing that over-writes parts of your module. I think you have to Roll-Back Campaign to fix as much as possible. keithcurtis said: Not sure exactly how you got to that spot, but the easiest steps to restore would be:
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ah, I misread that part, that the card deck was an addon for an item already in the module. Yeah, that would do it. It would be nice if addons had a list of specific module warning flags.

Edited 1632623073
Gold
Forum Champion
this one has a warning flag... it's just, So Easy to overlook warning flags.  When you're a GM who's suddenly eager to "Oh yeah I own this Add-on, and the title says it's for Dungeon Of The Mad Mage! Gotta add this!"   (the real intended purpose of the add-on is to add smallish bits of DoTMM to other campaigns, it's not a full module install..... hence it looks like an upgrade/bonus to DoTMM, but it's actually an overwriter that can bork a Module DoTMM game that's in progress.... happened many times...)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The most common one is adding the Castle Ravenloft maps or Tarokka deck to Curse of Strahd, which already has both.

Edited 1632634382
Thanks - yes that's it - I thought oh bonus content I'll add it in to my game and see what I have been missing. I'm a pro subscriber so it sounds like it should be easy to just create a new DoTMM, move character sheets over, and then do all the work to adjust map layer, tokens, etc.  I have never used the transmorgrifier so I'm not sure how that will go. edit: I'm a plus subscriber so guess it is the vault method for me!
Gold said: They need to Roll-Back. The way this happened is a common user mistake: They've added the DotMM ADD-ON on top of the DotMM MODULE. This is a no-no (Yes it's super confusing). Doing that over-writes parts of your module. I think you have to Roll-Back Campaign to fix as much as possible. keithcurtis said: Not sure exactly how you got to that spot, but the easiest steps to restore would be: When you say "they need to Roll-Back" - is this something I can do or are you saying "Roll20" team needs to roll back and I request that somehow?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Usually a Rollback is a Pro feature. In this case, it couldn't hurt to ask. File a  Help Center Request .
keithcurtis said: Usually a Rollback is a Pro feature. In this case, it couldn't hurt to ask. File a  Help Center Request . Ah thanks. It's okay as I worked on it all night and will be good to go next week. Thanks for all the replies.