Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Map Panning Independent of Zoom Level

Max S. already suggested this here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9594256/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9594256/</a> Can the UI please be updated so that the map can be panned around as a free floating canvas independent of the zoom level? By this I mean make it like how panning works in a lot of software like Photoshop, Inkscape, DungeonDraft, etc. It's really frustrating when I try to interact with the map on Roll20 in the same way and it doesn't work like that. Panning with right click + drag is nice, but it only works if you are zoomed in far enough that Roll20 decides to put in a scroll bar, and that can be at different levels for the vertical and the horizontal direction. Also, having the map jump around to the top left corner when you zoom out is jarring. I use an ultrawide monitor, so when I zoom out far enough the map is nowhere near the center of the screen which is so annoying that it makes me want to look for a different VTT every time I experience it. Even just centering it horizontally would be an improvement. I've tried to attach a screenshot (though frankly that was a similarly annoying task in this post editor window.) It drives me a little nuts. Hope Max and I aren't too alone on this one.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .