Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

New tooltip layered for use

First, let me thank you for the new tool-tip addition to the cards and tokens. In a short time I am putting it to a lot of use. One thing occurred as a possible improvement. It would be nice if you could choose to have the tool-tipped item masked by another asset.  Use case: I place a Magical Sword of Yeeting under a bed in a room. Players [Investigate] the room, and the halfling rogue spots a shiny glint under the bed. GM: Do you lift the mattress?   Player:YES!! *GM moves bed asset to GM layer* Twinkly Purty Sword is revealed and halfling squeals with glee. The rogue's puppeteer waves their magic mouse over the token icon to read "Light dances across the pristine steel blade of a sword with a glinting edge. The several gleaming green serpents form the loop guard around the handle. Two quillon snakes are ready to bite." Problem: Currently, when the token is blessed with a descriptive tool-tip, you can place assets over top, and the tool-tip can still be seen on top, spoiling the surprise. Granted, you could select the item once the bed is moved, double-click the item and check the 'Show' box as quickly as you can. But this is kind of like grabbing a birthday gift for your friend and unwrapping it front of them before they can handle it. Takes time, while the other party members are ransacking other parts of the room. I am sure there are lots of other permutations: e.g: Move the rug - expose tool-tip describing the 'worn wooden trap door with a recessed handle',. Move the door to expose the open steps downward with the tool tip, "Musty air, reeking of long-dried herbs wafts under your nose. There is a faint smell of iron. In the shadowed candlelight, you can just make out a bony foot at the landing below as it turns to darkness."  BOOM - some great description tasks done while the GM is busy trying to convince the barbarian not to loot the lingerie in the wardrobe.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .