Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic lighting: all lights turn off when token leaves lit area

My players and myself have been experiencing this, and I'd love to know if it's a bug that other people have experienced, or whether I may be doing something wrong. Sometimes, when a token that has vision but does not emit light, leaves a lit area and moves into an unlit one, ALL the lights go out for that token, even the ones that were previously showing. If the token moves back into the lit area, the lighting does not turn back on -- it's just gone until the game is reloaded or the token is removed and replaced. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a setting or something I'm missing? We're using Chrome, if that helps. Thanks.
Something like this happened twice to me, using ctrl-L and moving the token rapidly across the map. I haven't paid enough attention to really troubleshoot it, but if it happens again, I'll try to pay more attention. I can't seem to replicate it. Reloading the page fixed it both times. Using Chrome
If you mean leaves as in you move the players to a new page, how are you bringing the tokens to the new page?  If the default tokens don't have their vision settings set then a new drag out of token will not keep the vision settings you had just changed.  But more likely its just 1 of a thousand UDL lighting bugs.  Switch to LDL, if the problem persists then its probably you are not updating the default token.  You can also pull this same situation off in LDL with torch API if you are using flicker for lightsources and !torch for vision settings.