Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Allow players to move all tokens?

Ik you can set certain tokens to be controllable, but is there something i can do to let everyone just control every token? I don't want to manually enable it for every token i add, thats really annoying. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It's possible for the API. I don't think that "Controlled by" is something you can set as a default, though. There might be some workarounds, depending on your use case, though. The simplest thing to allow universal control is to promote all players to GM status. Without knowing your goal though, this might be overkill.
I'm not sure if this will work for you but you can set up a rollable table token with all the different art you need for tokens and give all players control. Copy and paste the token as many times as you need. Then, you can choose the side that has the art you want. If you need to add more art later you can edit the rollable table but bear in mind that existing tokens won't have access to the new side. You can also assign the multi-sided token to a sheet that has all player control. If the tokens all use the same art, you can assign it to a character sheet as default token, and give control to the sheet to all players. There is no default setting nor elegant way without the API, but you could make a suggestion in the Suggestion Forum to add "Controlled by" as a default token setting in the Game Setting page.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I think the only option that would easily be implemented is a Controlled by "All Players", since everything else is an in-game variable. Still, knowing the intent behind the question would help with producing more meaningful answers.
Gold
Forum Champion
I doublechecked, keith is right, Default Settings don't have the Controlled By as an option.  Ed, how about the suggestion to promote everyone to use Co-GM mode? keithcurtis said: It's possible for the API. I don't think that "Controlled by" is something you can set as a default, though. There might be some workarounds, depending on your use case, though. The simplest thing to allow universal control is to promote all players to GM status. Without knowing your goal though, this might be overkill.