Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .

The new D&D 2024 sheet is now available!

Create a free account

[Alien RPG] Sheet version 3.00 pre-announcement

Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Brief update: I managed to get a working dropdown in the talent roll section working, and will try to implement this during the week and weekend. Moving these talent driven modifications into the talent section will need some careful notifications and dual mode for some time.  Hopefully I can manage to get this version out by mid next week, there is a lot of good in this release but a lot also means care needs to be taken when releasing (I do prefer smaller releases and more often, this one just grew while working on it).  
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
A note to anyone following this thread: In case you are not have any attribute or skill rolls working in your game, it may be because the game's scripts have been disabled. If so, then as GM step out of the game, go to the game settings and the API scripts, and restart the sandbox. Why this happens intermittently I am not sure, but restarting the API scripts is the way to resolve it. 
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Richard W. said: If anyone encounters the same issue, please exit the game and go to the API Scripts for the game and Reset the Sandbox. This will restart any scripts and hopefully get things working in the game again. By the ay, you don't need to exit the game. Restarting the sandbox can be done while a game is running, without reloading the game. Any changes made in the API sandbox, will be almost instant in the campaign.
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi All, This thread may have version 3 in the title but I cannot change it, it will now be used to announce version 5 of the sheet.&nbsp; I have shown some of the work in this thread before, and I figure it was enough to make it a new major version.&nbsp; The code is submitted to Roll20, and they usually review and publish it once per week. In case you want to preview and test it, then backup your game and download the files from here:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/dwarfwing/Alienz/tree/main/Alien%20Roleplaying%20Game" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/dwarfwing/Alienz/tree/main/Alien%20Roleplaying%20Game</a> . With a Pro account you can then add them as a Custom sheet in your game settings.&nbsp; As always I am keen to get feedback, so please let me know how it works and what you think! This is a summary of what is included:&nbsp; Moved to CSE and away from Legacy, updated sheet.json to reflect Added permanent modifiers for skills, to reflect gear and other modifiers Added skill and supply rolls as options for talents Added Nerves of Steel talent checkbox, modifying panics rolls Added Permanent Rads handling, radiation damage rolls and radiation recovery checks Made weapon, armament and talent tab buttons show each name to make navigation easier Made token initiative optional with a checkbox in the sheet Made modifier popups optional with a checkbox in the sheet Made some general layout updates, such as using labels for button or checkboxes rather than span tags Updated some translations, particularly to help with the Spanish translation Made roll buttons compatible with previous version, and added a roll button for Signature Attacks to allow quick macro bar
It looks fantastic and the latest update brings some very useful things. Incredible work.
Richard W. said: A note to anyone following this thread: In case you are not have any attribute or skill rolls working in your game, it may be because the game's scripts have been disabled. If so, then as GM step out of the game, go to the game settings and the API scripts, and restart the sandbox. Why this happens intermittently I am not sure, but restarting the API scripts is the way to resolve it.&nbsp; What happens if you're not a pro user? I've been trying to use the attributes and skills and it's impossible. I can roll other things like armor and supplies though.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Just a guess; check the sheet settings and make sure "Use API Rolls" is not checked.
vÍnce said: Just a guess; check the sheet settings and make sure "Use API Rolls" is not checked. I tried both checked and unchecked, and it's the same result. I can make some other rolls, but not skills or attributes.
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Abel, Only rolls that are pushable will use the API script, the others use a roll template that looks more or less similar (but without the Push button). I just tried this in a game and it works both for upgraded and new character, I get output both with API rolls enabled and disabled (but no Push option when disabled). In my game settings I have chosen the Alien sheet from the dropdown, and the Alien RPG Dice Roller script is active. If i disable the script, no skill or attribute rolls give any output (or errors) while the API rolls is enabled, but all works when it is disabled.&nbsp;&nbsp; There is no way to test&nbsp; from within the sheet&nbsp; if the API script is enabled, loaded or crashed, and also no way (that I know) to test if an game's GM is Pro account or not.&nbsp; It would however be nice if when trying to use a API script command and the script is not present there was a notice about it in chat. This however, would be a feature request for Roll20 to implement.&nbsp; Best Regards, Richard