Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFM][D&D 5e][F2P] D&D 5e Dark Sun Community on Roll20 / Discord

I am part of a growing discord server that is dedicated to running multiple weekly one shots and hopefully sometime soon, a full on west marches campaign in the Dark Sun Campaign Setting that has been converted to D&D 5e. Currently characters start at level 9 and can be played over multiple one shots. Characters can keep any treasure they receive from one shot to one shot and we even have a modified leveling system for one shot characters. We have multiple DMs (always looking for more!) and the server population is literally global with varied game times to suit different time zones. The platform for the games is a combination of Roll20 (free to sign up and use as a player) and Discord (voice is required). The server is 18+ preferred and dedicates itself to having a community that is welcoming of ALL people (LGBTQIA+, BIPOC and Disability inclusive). Everyone is welcome, server population is not an issue. We have many Testimonials ! Anyone who has any interest please friend me on discord, my discord is Pep#0918
Nice.
Have you ever wanted to die a brutal gruesome death... I mean... have you ever wanted to kill lots of things successfully without any danger whatsoever!? Then come to us at the Swords and Sandals server!!  PS. The Swords and Sandals server is not to be held responsible for any maiming, terrifying diseases, disemboweling or any other form of gruesome deaths or injuries...
I love playing and DMing on this server!  Lots of interesting content you won't find anywhere else, and a wonderful community of people of all sorts.  If you are looking to play multiple games per week, or even just one whenever you're available, this is the server for you.
I'd love to play some darksun
 It's quite nice that the server offers a 5e conversion to the setting. Tons of homebrewed subclasses to choose from!
Come join us on the server and together we'll make Silt Runner Master Race characters together and lay waste to Athas! Or do something else, cause we have a ton of other stuff!
Come join the server!  I challenge you to make a character more powerful than my level 20, Brawl-barian, Domvak!
We have several active DMs running games, including me. Join now!
There's endless possibilities for character creation.  We have a ton of homebrew races and feats, so if you're tired of playing the same characters over and over again in the faerun setting, look no further than the Swords and Sandals Dark Sun server!
We welcome people of all orientations, identities, backgrounds, religions, creeds, etc.!
The sand might be course and rough and irritating and it might get everywhere, but it's our sand, and we love it. You want some more sand to love in your life? Come join us on the Swords and Sandals server! Enough sand for everyone!!!
discord not working
Oh to be a Silt Runner darting over the sand screaming incoherent battle cries in draconic while overwhelming a tribe of elves and then feasting on their flesh... I wish there was some convenient place where I could live this fantasy.... Oh wait! There is! Right here in S&S, we got plenty of the juicy elf flesh!
ooh Dark Sun, ive never played there and only know the very bare minimum of the lore, that its basically a post apocolyptic wasteland, where magic is not cheap, and metal is rare, but its intrigued me for a while. if there are spots open id totally be interested in joining. are there any particular character creation modifications to fit the confines of the world? any tips? thank you
The apocalypse scene of dark sun seems interesting. Are there anymore slots left in the group and how does the dark sun setting affect character creation?
ToonEzon said: ooh Dark Sun, ive never played there and only know the very bare minimum of the lore, that its basically a post apocolyptic wasteland, where magic is not cheap, and metal is rare, but its intrigued me for a while. if there are spots open id totally be interested in joining. are there any particular character creation modifications to fit the confines of the world? any tips? thank you DaemonLupus said: The apocalypse scene of dark sun seems interesting. Are there anymore slots left in the group and how does the dark sun setting affect character creation? To answer both of your questions: There are an unlimited number of spots available to join!  It's a server where multiple one-shots are ran and we have capabilities to handle just about any number of people.  We are always looking for new players. The character creation for a Dark Sun character on the Swords and Sandals server is like none other that I've been a part of.  There are many rules and restrictions that are carefully outlined during creation, but we have a ton of Dark Sun-specific homebrew races, archetypes, and even a few extra classes that you can play.  Homebrew feats and racial feats can make for extremely powerful character builds, even at level 9 (which is our starting level).  Everyone has the same opportunities to build as powerful of a character as they want, as we use a point buy system and a free feat at level 1.  "Min-maxing" is basically encouraged on the server, as we the world WILL try to kill you, although plenty of casual characters can thrive as well.  Come give it a shot!
Come check out our server!
Yes! Come come come!
Only 90% of games end in total annihilation, so 10% of the time you get untold riches and victory! Join us now and find out for yourself the fun in dying... P.S These statistics are highly exaggerated, it's actually 85% of games...
Pep said: Only 90% of games end in total annihilation, so 10% of the time you get untold riches and victory! Join us now and find out for yourself the fun in dying... P.S These statistics are highly exaggerated, it's actually 85% of games... My friend is only partially joking here.  You may die, but don't worry about not being able to be resurrected!
I love a good resurrection
Have you ever wanted to turn into an ugly squirrel, not even one of the better looking squirrels!? Come join us!
We're having another server anniversary event this weekend!  Join in before it's too late!
Come join our wonderful and inclusive community!
There's going to be a Ratfolk/Tari themed shot tomorrow on the dark sun server.
Ever met a man with a gruff voice and a French accent in a D&D setting? Well there's two of them on this server so come and play!
Come check out our server!
I've been on this server for almost 2 years and I love it! It's a great place to experience character advancement at your own pace without the time commitment of a weekly campaign. You can just sign up for one-shots and earn credit towards leveling up your character! We could always use more players and DMs. Check it out if you're curious about the Dark Sun setting, or just want to be part of a wholesome D&D community.

Edited 1650517395
Pep said: Ever met a man with a gruff voice and a French accent in a D&D setting? Well there's two of them on this server so come and play! It is I,Jean Luc of the Thespian house in the city state of Balic. Come, join me for some wild adventures as we sail beyond the silt sea. I promise you there will be treasure. Hon! Hon! Hon!
An undead army is attacking Gulg!  Enlist now to help the Oba!
undead army! It's like a zombie apocalypse in an already post-apocalyptic setting.
There's surely gonna be some squirrelly goodness going on in the server tonight, come get yours and join the server!
Adventurers are being sent far and wide to seek out information that would help the Oba win this war.  Come join in and get in the Oba's good graces soon!
Come join us! 
Feel free to give pep a message for the link to the server.
Don't miss out on some exciting one shots coming up!
Look forward to some games this weekend!  Come join now!
Have you ever been sneezed on by an old lady in order to get healing, yeah they're that desperate over here, come join them!!
A three part series comes to an end tonight as one party has completed a mission given by a so-called "informant", which he required before sharing some vital information with the party which could help the Oba of Gulg defeat the undead army. Come join everyone in their efforts!
You just missed the 2 simultaneously run games yesterday, but never fear, another one should be right around the corner! Come join us now!
My Character, Domvak, who is a minotaur brawl-barian goes on a special quest tonight in order to gain ULTIMATE POWER! Level 21 will bring Prestige class levels, which we're working diligently to playtest and polish for when others get to these levels!

Edited 1652726007
Darksun is my favorite D&D campaign world. Love to play. I'd make a 1 barbarian 2 rogue 6 fighter with the fighter's unarmed specialization and the athletics and stealth rogue skill expertise.
Do you enjoy the feeling of sand between your toes?? If you answered yes, then DARK SUN is the place for you!! There is SO MUCH SAND. There's sand on the ground and sand in the air. There's a whole ocean full of a particularly sandy type of sand called silt. It's the SILT SEA and you can drown in it if you're not careful. Sand is pretty much everywhere, including between your toes. You'll love it!!
Mitchell A. said: Darksun is my favorite D&D campaign world. Love to play. I'd make a 1 barbarian 2 rogue 6 fighter with the fighter's unarmed specialization and the athletics and stealth rogue skill expertise. We start our characters at level 9, so this would be a possibility right off the bat!
Dear Pep, your community sounds awesome! Can I join? I’m a 30-smth nerd living in Austria who is desperate for a consistent supply of anguish and frustration at low dice rolls in my life)
Qwib-Qwib said: Dear Pep, your community sounds awesome! Can I join? I’m a 30-smth nerd living in Austria who is desperate for a consistent supply of anguish and frustration at low dice rolls in my life) I'm sure you can! Go ahead and message him for the link!
There's some spicy stuff happening with this mysterious and secretive organization called The Order, an organization filled with psions! Come join us for spicy psionics!
A long-time DM of our server has returned and will be running some of the spiciest, deadliest games on the server! Come join today!

Edited 1653837824
Pep
Pro
A new ranger subclass has just been added, and potentially a new rogue one as well tonight! Come join and discover the new and exciting abilities our content has to offer!
That new rouge subclass did just get added!