Have you been playing DnD5e and thinking to yourself "This game is super fun, but I want a more challenging game as far as combat is concerned while also having a game with a compelling story"? If so then boy do I have the game for you. I have spent the past 6 months, thanks to the plague, writing a large world of fantasy and adventure with complex lore for magic, industrial devices and so much more, and have come into a problem. while this is a large scale project and I love working on it I need people to play the game. I have a 50 page document completely on the character creation options I plan on using in the game with the number of you that are interested in playing. The actual problem however is the aforementioned Plague. as someone who cannot go back into the workplace because of said plague I am unable to maintain my living for very much longer. I can however promise a welcoming and judgement free environment to anyone who is interested in joining my game. so what is the game itself? You are adventurers, on the planet Terra there are a number of wonders and dangers that lurk around every nook and cranny of the world. In the western world is a place called Jametica, a once large and prosperous kingdom ruled by a powerful and kind Archmagis. after his prolonged life of education and empowerment of the masses ended a large void was left in the political sphere. who would take his place? As naturally as water, infighting began and the lesser lords of the land began to take there cities and townships and went to war with one another. desperate for control many of the lords and ladies died in battle or worse in their sleep from a poison administered by their own children. after years of this war however what remained decided that they no longer wanted all the land at the price of their people, and so there was peace. however because of this time there was a shift in how wars were fought, for a long time adventures where heroes of myth, stronger, faster and Smarter than even the most well trained of soldiers, but things have changed. with new understanding of mana and magic because of the war it was learned that the reason for adventures exponential power above the common people was because of Magical Aptitude. apparently everyone is born with mana to some degree and if you can foster that mana you can become much stronger than was considered natural. as a result the number of adventurer class warriors, soldiers and most dangerously bandits grew erratically. Rather than fight against the tide the nobility took this in stride hiring the lot of these new more powerful people into their ranks to be soldiers. With no allegiance and no jobs in hand a young group of upstarts (that's you) from a backwater village that few people have even heard of decided they wanna be adventurers, using the tools at hand they have done odd jobs to help their family makes ends meet, until one day an event happens that will change their lives forever, a large Sky ship the likes of which they all had never seen crashes down not too far from the village they live. what happens next is for you to find out in game. As an upfront warning this game is played using the gritty realism optional ruling, as well as a host of other homebrew rules and such. with this in mind I have spent a large amount of time balancing and making sure encounters as well as item distribution is fair in such a way to assure that the game runs smoothly and is easy to enjoy. as for the pricing and scheduling, as I am currently unemployed I am free to play at virtually any time of the day. the game would be run once a week, sometimes taking a week of for planning though not usually. to play would be 20 dollars per session. The reason for this price is because from my research other paid games are roughly 12-15 dollars per session and they are running Curse of Strahd or other premade adventures. this is not to say that I am better than them or write better stories the WotC, but it is to say that you physically cannot play this game anywhere else and I have put time and energy and love into writing this story. The Game will be run on roll20 as a VTT and we would use voice through discord. if you are interested in any way my discord is Sakura Lorde#2232 if you have any questions I will be more than willing to answer them. Send a friend request and ill try and check this thread as much as possible to answer anything here.