Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Caves of Chaos for roll20?

did WotC ever release an official for roll20 for this?

Edited 1642872714
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Not to my knowledge, which is a shame, since I worked on that book (Into the Borderlands). Assuming this is the adventure you are talking about, it's not a WotC book, but produced under license by Goodman Games. If you want to see it in Roll20 form, they are the folks you should contact.
Crud as well....im striking out 2-0 now lol....hmmm *gets to work*
Gold
Forum Champion
Kefrem the one product that might come closest to what you're looking for, Wotc's D&amp;D 5E -- Tales From The Yawning Portal <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/3804/tales-from-the-yawning-portal" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/3804/tales-from-the-yawning-portal</a> This contains modern remakes of old-school modules: White Plume Mountain Hidden Shrine
Goodman Games modules on Roll20 would be grand. Will be doing Castle Amber at some point
I'm currently running the Goodman Games version on Roll20.&nbsp; Took a bit of work to create all the new NPCs/Monsters and Maps, but it has been fun. I plan to run this campaign again later this year.
The MapHatter
Pro
Marketplace Creator
You worked on Into the Borderlands Keith? That's awesome. Which aspects did you work on exactly? I made a custom map for it back in the day. Still holds up as a great adventure.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It was simultaneously really cool and kind of disappointing. I was given scanned copies of the original map artwork and had to produce modern digital copies faithful to the style, and produce new maps of all the supplementary material that fit in that same OG style. The cool part was, wow , working on a bit of history. The disappointing part was that I had to hold back and wasn't allowed to make "kewl looking" maps in the modern style, suitable for VTTs, etc. Still, it was fun. I even got a set of Stream of Annihilation dice that Mike Mearls dropped by the Goodman Games booth, along with my comp copy.* I was doing a lot of Goodman Games maps at the time, but almost all in a B&amp;W OSR kind of style. *(and of course, a paycheck—don't work for free, people).
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
You can get maps from Dyson Logos, here: <a href="https://dysonlogos.blog/2018/08/30/the-caves-of-chaos-dyson-logos-edition/" rel="nofollow">https://dysonlogos.blog/2018/08/30/the-caves-of-chaos-dyson-logos-edition/</a>
The MapHatter
Pro
Marketplace Creator
What a great opportunity regardless of the disappointment, Ken and a real historical beauty of a module to have your name attached to. The lack of VTT compatible maps still seems to be an issue in cartography - and I will never understand why D&amp;D drop the ball on maps when they pour endless detail into every other aspect of the presentation. Still, good that they did, it opened up a serious niche to exploit as I'm not the only user disappointed in the quality and usability of WOTC's maps.

Edited 1642925930
I looked a year and half ago for Return to the Keep of Borderlands in roll20 without luck. Therefore I adopted a big part of the whole module in roll20 including maps with dynamic lighting (and 5e conversion) for my campaign. It took some time.
i wish there was a way to share mod amongst ourselves...that would be awesome.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
... said Shawn Fanning and&nbsp; Sean Parker. :) While it would seem like it would be awesome, you would wind up losing all official licensed content, because no big name publisher would grant licenses under such a condition, of course.
Gold
Forum Champion
There could be Content ID running to prevent unauthorized sharing of Marketplace-verified assets. keithcurtis said: you would wind up losing all official licensed content, because no big name publisher would grant licenses under such a condition, of course.
yea i know...but...one can have dreams.
Patrick Von Raven
Pro
Marketplace Creator
If you’re interested, I made battle maps for the Caves, complete dungeon crawls. Instant Dungeon Crawl: Caves of Chaos
heh yea yours was the one i was inquiring about. I was wondering if yours were completely populated and was the entire module. love the avatar btw i know where its from :), yes...im old lol

Edited 1643034471
Patrick Von Raven
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Kefrem said: heh yea yours was the one i was inquiring about. I was wondering if yours were completely populated and was the entire module. love the avatar btw i know where its from :), yes...im old lol Lol, me, too. I started with magenta box Basic set, so B2 has a special place in my heart. And Jeff Dee’s Paladin (which you recognized) has been my favorite Paladin image. To me, it somehow summed up all that I believe a classic D&amp;D Paladin should be. But I colored and altered the version you see when I used it as a token for one my player character.&nbsp; I would love to do the module for Roll20. I have the Keep On the Borderlands set I as a private game with dynamic lighting and all…because my maps get play tested. But I don’t think I could submit it to the Marketplace due to commercial licensing issues.