Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][5e][Paid]Tyranny With A Twist - Tyranny of Dragons plus homebrew content. Two dates available, but only one spot left for each!

“It’s the damn Cult of the Dragon,” hissed Lord Dagult Neverember. “Those Chromatic dragons follow someone… it’s got to be them!” “It was fine when they were out East, harassing the Zhentarim. But now it’s all up and down the Sword Coast. Daggerford is gone! The entire city, destroyed!“ Said Lady Laeral Silverhand, “and I’m sure SHE is somehow involved, influencing mortal affairs again….” a bitter tone to her voice belays her real fears. “And have you heard the rumours? People are reporting seeing gemstone dragons. That can’t be good news,“ he replied in a conspiratorial whisper “We need to call in help.” She nods, looking around for eavesdroppers. “Khel is offworld, but he’s been working on something that might be useful. We’ll still need the usual though.” Neverember gives her a nod and a brief smile. “You find your husband and tell him to come home. We’re going to need him. I’ll see what I can do about finding some heroes.” Are YOU the hero the Lords of Waterdeep are seeking? Do YOU have what it takes to defeat the Cult of the Dragon and prevent their nefarious plans from coming to fruition? Can YOU solve the puzzle of the newly emerging Gemstone dragons? We think you are! And guess what? You don’t start off squishy! Build your level 6 character using every current official character option built into the Roll20 Charactermancer, and… Anything goes! All character options are available, even those normally not allowed in campaigns (read: flying creatures.This DM ain’t afraid!) But wait… the best part???? With Archmage Khelban ‘Blackstaff’ Arunsun’s help and guidance, you will be able to create your own Signature Item , a magical item that powers up with you, until it gains artifact level qualities. Cool sword? Yea! Magic Armor? Sure! Will it work on Undergarments? Yes! (For real, this happened - Leto’s Lingerie really exists!) Your only limit is your own creativity. Interested in this “Twisted Tyranny”? Check out the other details: Game: D&D 5e Campaign: Tyranny of Dragons, plus some homebrew content - Signature Items, plus bonus campaign material inspired by Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons. Experience: From AD&D (2e) to 5E, I’ve been roleplaying for over 20 years, and GM’ing for nearly as long. The pandemic has given me extensive knowledge of Roll 20. I welcome players with no experience to my table.  Game style: I provide a world and a story, and let the players interact with it as they want. While this does mean that it can sometimes be a challenge to keep the players on track, it also means that they have a lot of freedom. I also like to incorporate character backgrounds into the campaign, so like a good background from a player and reward accordingly. Have some gold! I've noticed that quite a few GMs can be quite stingy when it comes to rewards for their players, especially in the published modules. I reward good roleplay, clever planning, and I'm not afraid to give my characters a pile of gold to spend. Of course, getting your hands on that much gold may have other consequences... Impact Your World! My games are a living world. The actions players take could have consequences that would be felt for miles around, and it's not realistic to expect everything to be back to normal when you've moved onto the next town. This does mean that both positive and negative effects can be seen due to player choices. Location/Timezone: UK, but timezone isn't too important as we play online. So long as I can understand you, and you can understand me, we’re good! Schedule: Group 1 runs Sunday 2-6pm GMT (9am-1pm EST) - Sunday Shenanigans Group 2 runs Wednesday 6.30-10.30pm GMT (1.30pm-6.30pm EST) - Wyvern Wednesdays Roles sought: Looking for one more player for each game Group type: Online - Discord for voice, Roll20 for the virtual tabletop. Free accounts for both Discord and Roll20 would be all you need. Payment: This is a paid game. Payment is £10 per week, or £35 per month, paid via Paypal, with a session 0 for free. Please note that Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. Testimonials:   "Freedom to have fun, be creative, to role play “your big moment”, to get items and loot galore… all with the constant fear your PC could be toast at any moment" - Jarndo, Dwarf Barbarian. "Bort lets the PCs be the best versions of themselves. He puts interesting challenges in front of the group and lets the group go to work on them." - Darvin, Human Fighter. “Bort provides the ideal setting for the player to express their creativity with the perfect balance of indulgence and RAW. If you have felt modules are a bit too stifling or homebrew a bit to freeform, Bort finds the sweet spot.” - Sunder, Hexadin “I went into the game with this incredible signature item…. And it just got better… and then… just. WOW. No spoilers – but oh man. Love his DM style and play, but this item??? BEST DM EVER!”  Voni, Human Arcane Archer "Bort's GMing gently gets under your skin until you realise you're effortlessly having a lot of fun. He's generous with the loot but he giveth with one hand and removeth with the other like an omniscient god should. If there's something you want to explore he will go there with you but keep things on track, giving everyone time to shine. Very importantly he knows his rules and his lore and like a good artist knows when to transcend them." Nico, 'I see dead people' Human Bard Still got questions? I have answers! Please contact me on Discord @Bort#7252 for more information.
The final spot in the Wednesday game has now gone! Just one spot left for Sunday afternoon's game. Who wants it?
Hello Bort. I have personally messaged you on Discord to inquire about your game, but I see I am a couple of days late for Wednesday. If a spot becomes available that day, I would love to take it (I unfortunately cannot do Sundays at this time). I hope you do not mind if I added you there. :)
Thanks for the interest folks, but these games are now full. Keep your eyes open for more shenanigans as I start up some new campaigns in the near future!