Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Jukebox playing but can't stop music

My music seems to be continuously playing on a particular playlist.  Whenever I start a new track it is overlaid on top of the other track.  It makes the Jukebox basically unusable.  My players noticed it before me so it varies it seems between users in their experience of the problem.
This bug has been reported but they haven't fixed it yet.  This is I think caused by how chrome now handles music in tabs.  Either way to prevent this rom happening you must ALWAYS stop music when you leave the session as the DM.  This includes simple browser refreshes(yeah annoying I know).  To stop that track from playing, you have to delete it, then readd it if you want it back on.  If you have roll20AM api, you also have to do all the requirements when adding music to the jukebox as well(yes I know, annoying).  Sadly they have not done anything to fix this issue.  I personally do not use ingame music at all as I find that it messes with voice comms over the internet too much.  
It's not browser-specific as it happens in both Chrome and Firefox. If you leave a playlist playing when you leave the session, when you come back, a track will be playing in that playlist but the 'Now Playing' will be blank (ghost track) You don't have to delete the track, just start and stop the playlist with the track that was playing between sessions. This will stop the 'ghost' music.
Doug E. said: It's not browser-specific as it happens in both Chrome and Firefox. If you leave a playlist playing when you leave the session, when you come back, a track will be playing in that playlist but the 'Now Playing' will be blank (ghost track) You don't have to delete the track, just start and stop the playlist with the track that was playing between sessions. This will stop the 'ghost' music. I have never gotten that to work but most of my sound files that ghost are map ambience files which aren't in a playlist.  The file does appear to be playing, however the stop key does nothing in all of my instances, the only solution is deleting and re-adding in my experience.  
I am also experiencing this issue across a number of games and it's quite frustrating. Since it seems to pick a different track for each game to play randomly it makes it a little difficult to go hunting through a big library of audio to find the offending track. As mentioned above, no use of stop controls is able to prevent the track from playing through until it's end, and then it will start up again when you try to play another audio track and the two tracks play side by side with only one showing as an active track in the jukebox (i.e. you still can't stop the phantom track). This was observed in Firefox, so definitely not limited to Chrome.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Try this? Drespar  said: I can't say for sure what causes this to happen, but a workaround that tends to work pretty consistently to make sure it stops is the following: Create a new page (or use an existing page) Open page settings, scroll down to "Play on Load" Select the option "None, but stop all tracks" and then select "Save Settings" Drag the player ribbon to this page (as this is what triggers the "Play on load" feature) This should force stop all music tracks (Even invisible ones). You will then just need to move the player ribbon back to the desired page. Hopefully this can rectify the issue at hand!