Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
Create a free account

Marvel Multiverse Role-Playing Game: Playtest Rulebook is now LIVE on the Roll20 Marketplace!

1650459548

Edited 1650460108
Emily Floyd
Forum Champion
Become your favorite superhero or create your own in the Marvel Multiverse Role-Playing Game: Playtest Rulebook   on Roll20. This powerful collaboration between Marvel and Roll20 brings your superhero adventures to life on the virtual tabletop! Be The First to Experience D616.  Playtest the new roleplaying game system from Marvel with your friends with a ready-to-go scenario Transform into one of 11 classic Marvel Superheroes – including Black Panther, Captain America, Spider-Man, and Storm Provide direct playtest feedback to Marvel and shape the future of the game As the Official VTT of the Marvel Multiverse , our team has lovingly integrated the Playtest Rulebook into Roll20 so the prep work is done for you. With the Roll20 conversion of the Playtest Rulebook, you can: Create A Hero: The Marvel Multiverse Role-Playing Game Playtest Rulebook includes complete instructions on creating your own superhero’s backstory, powers, traits, and archetype. Make Fantastic Rolls: Just three dice determine the ultimate success or tragic failure of your story. Rolling a 1 on the Marvel die and anything other than 1s on the other causes triumph! But be careful, if you roll a 1 on all three dice, a botch roll could spell your doom. Experience Out of This World Combat: It’s clobberin’ time! Use the virtual tabletop to show where the heroes and villains are located to maximize combat. Players set their positions on the map with their token and roll for initiative to track the turn order. Activate your powers, aid an ally, or interact with something – just choose wisely, the world is in peril! Take Down Hydra: The Marvel Multiverse RPG Playtest Rulebook includes the short adventure “Enter: Hydra” for the Narrator to run a game. Created for three to six players, you can create this game in one step including all the Roll20 features you’d expect like dynamic lighting (set up for busting through walls!), rollable tokens (choose your super hero’s look!), and a custom Narrator Tips screen (check it out for a quick overview of the game’s features and the cool Roll20 treats we’ve built in). With great power comes great responsibility. YOU have the power to build the future of the Marvel Multiverse RPG! Marvel is looking for your feedback on the Playtest to help shape the official release in 2023. You can learn more here: marvel.com/rpg Grab your copy of the Marvel Multiverse RPG Playtest Rulebook today !  So grab some shawarma and get to saving the world! EXCELSIOR!
1650460237

Edited 1650461245
Definitely looks interesting. Can we get some information on the templates for the game? I can find two (from the damage rolls on the sheet and the total action modifiers on the sheet). &{template:mrp} {{name=@{Iron Man|character_name}}} {{title=Action}} {{subtitle=might}} {{roll=[[3d6+@{Iron Man|might_action}[ACTIONMOD]]]}} {{target=[[?{TN?|0}]]}} {{roll1=[[0]]}} {{roll2=[[0]]}} {{roll3=[[0]]}} {{outcome=[[0]]}} {{special=[[0]]}} &{template:mrp-damage} {{name=@{Iron Man|character_name}}} {{title=^{fight_roll}}} {{subtitle=^{attack_roll}}} {{target=[[?{Target's Defense|0}]]}} {{roll=[[3d6+@{Iron Man|might_action}[BONUS]]]}} {{damage=[[@{Iron Man|fight_damage_dice}+@{Iron Man|fight_damage}+@{Iron Man|might}[BONUS]]]}} {{roll1=[[0]]}} {{roll2=[[0]]}} {{roll3=[[0]]}} {{damageroll1=[[0]]}} {{damageroll2=[[0]]}} {{damageroll3=[[0]]}} This gives us something to work with, but since this system requires a specific way of rolling, a button to just roll dice that way would be nice. Here is something you can use as a token action for a character and enter a bonus number and a target: &{template:mrp} {{name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{title=Action}} {{subtitle=Roll}} {{roll=[[3d6+{?{Bonus?|0}}[ACTIONMOD]]]}} {{target=[[?{TN?|0}]]}} {{roll1=[[d6]]}} {{roll2=[[d6]]}} {{roll3=[[d6]]}} {{outcome=[[0]]}} {{special=[[0]]}} The damage template is a little weird. Both templates are a little weird, especially with dice being set to "0" and still rolling a d6 if the template originates from the sheet.
1650462265
I'm a bit confused. The NPC stats appear into the Bio tab, but the Character Sheet tab just has Codename and Archetype filled out. Is this a bug? Or do I have to fill out the character sheet?
1650463081
Can we have it in the the "Find a group" tool?
1650463280
Am I doing something wrong or is there no drag and drop compendium? And no support for re-rolls for edges and troubles?
1650465592
Pat
Pro
Any of you can share compendium for player to see? Doesn't seem to work...
Yeah I'm having the exact same problem. I just bought this so I can start playing with friends who can't buy it, and they're unable to see it.
1650470057
Nic B.
Roll20 Team
Dr DM said: Definitely looks interesting. Can we get some information on the templates for the game? I can find two (from the damage rolls on the sheet and the total action modifiers on the sheet). &{template:mrp} {{name=@{Iron Man|character_name}}} {{title=Action}} {{subtitle=might}} {{roll=[[3d6+@{Iron Man|might_action}[ACTIONMOD]]]}} {{target=[[?{TN?|0}]]}} {{roll1=[[0]]}} {{roll2=[[0]]}} {{roll3=[[0]]}} {{outcome=[[0]]}} {{special=[[0]]}} &{template:mrp-damage} {{name=@{Iron Man|character_name}}} {{title=^{fight_roll}}} {{subtitle=^{attack_roll}}} {{target=[[?{Target's Defense|0}]]}} {{roll=[[3d6+@{Iron Man|might_action}[BONUS]]]}} {{damage=[[@{Iron Man|fight_damage_dice}+@{Iron Man|fight_damage}+@{Iron Man|might}[BONUS]]]}} {{roll1=[[0]]}} {{roll2=[[0]]}} {{roll3=[[0]]}} {{damageroll1=[[0]]}} {{damageroll2=[[0]]}} {{damageroll3=[[0]]}} This gives us something to work with, but since this system requires a specific way of rolling, a button to just roll dice that way would be nice. Here is something you can use as a token action for a character and enter a bonus number and a target: &{template:mrp} {{name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{title=Action}} {{subtitle=Roll}} {{roll=[[3d6+{?{Bonus?|0}}[ACTIONMOD]]]}} {{target=[[?{TN?|0}]]}} {{roll1=[[d6]]}} {{roll2=[[d6]]}} {{roll3=[[d6]]}} {{outcome=[[0]]}} {{special=[[0]]}} The damage template is a little weird. Both templates are a little weird, especially with dice being set to "0" and still rolling a d6 if the template originates from the sheet. Hi There, Unfortunately, the complexity of the dice mechanics in this game really push the limits of what Roll20's roll templates are capable of, and some that cannot be represented with a regular roll from a macro or a chat message (The sheet is doing a lot of the heavy lifting in calculating the effects of the Marvel die. This means adapting the Roll Templates for a macro isn't going to be a satisfactory experience, however, I do like the idea of adding a button to the sheet that allows you to arbitrarily make a dice roll. We can certainly look at doing this. Terry W. said: Am I doing something wrong or is there no drag and drop compendium? And no support for re-rolls for edges and troubles? Unfortunately, Drag and Drop is not supported in the initial release of the sheet, we had to make some hard decisions about what features were viable for a first iteration of the playtest sheet, but we do intend to make upgrades and additions to the sheet over the coming weeks. As for edge and trouble re-rolls: this is a mechanic that is not well supported in the VTT at this moment. However, we are investigating potential updates that may allow us to add this feature, and we will be working in tandem with other teams to ensure that future releases are fully supported when they arrive on Roll20. I would like to invite anyone else with questions about the sheet to come on over to the Marvel Multiverse Roleplaying Game sheet thread!
1650470745
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Yeah, d616 is a pretty novel mechanic.
1650471268
Todd
Roll20 Team
Hey Marvel fans, glad to see all the excitement surrounding the launch. We're looking into the callouts here... Pat said: Any of you can share compendium for player to see? Doesn't seem to work... Sphinx said: Yeah I'm having the exact same problem. I just bought this so I can start playing with friends who can't buy it, and they're unable to see it. We're looking into why the new Marvel Playtest compendium isn't sharing correctly. I'll let you know as soon as that has been BAM! POW! ZAP!'d. Magellus said: Can we have it in the the "Find a group" tool? This should be available shortly!
1650475564

Edited 1650475804
Todd
Roll20 Team
Pat said: Any of you can share compendium for player to see? Doesn't seem to work... Sphinx said: Yeah I'm having the exact same problem. I just bought this so I can start playing with friends who can't buy it, and they're unable to see it. Thanks for waiting! Our devs found a workaround to get you and your friends playing as soon as possible while they investigate and work out the larger problem at hand. In the meantime, go ahead and just re-save the Compendium Sharing settings and that will do the trick. Be sure you're clicking the "Save Compendium Settings" in that section of Game Settings and not the "Save Changes" at the very bottom of the page. Re-Save when the first attempt doesn't do anything, and you should be all set. Let me know if that helps get the playtest into your players hands! Magellus  said: Can we have it in the the "Find a group" tool? You're all set! The Marvel Multiverse Role-Playing Game Playtest is now listed. Best of luck rallying some heroes to deal with Hydra!
I was looking through the character sheets, and Groot's defenses appear to be broken? I used the toggle to make him a different archetype, but all of the archetype defenses for him are just his normal stats.
1650508156
All NPCs appear to have fight and ranged damage base set to 1d6 when it should be 3d6 in most cases.
1650510563
Is this an appropriate place to communicate mistakes?  If so The blaster should have a ranged damage of 2d6 at rank two not 1d6.  I am getting into the weeds with the numbers.. Hey we all need a hobby :)
1650554189

Edited 1650554333
Todd
Roll20 Team
Patch 1.1 just went out and back on your Campaign Details page you'll see a prompt to update now. This patch is correcting a couple of the things that came out of this thread specifically so thank you for those making those reports! Gave heroes and Hydra counterparts 3d6 base damage instead of 1d6 as appropriate. Added Groot and Tree archetype action modifiers (7,7,7,7,4,4) and archetype defense scores (20,20,20,18,18,15). As a note, because we were editing character sheet data for this patch, any modifications you've made to these sheets will be undone and they will be reset to their default values. Please continue to call out any thing related to the Enter: Hydra module or Marvel Playtest Rulebook compendium here. Or use this link to talk to our sheet authors about any questions, comments, and concerns specifically related to the new Marvel Multiverse RPG Playtest by Roll20 character sheet Thanks all! Terry W. said: I'm a bit confused. The NPC stats appear into the Bio tab, but the Character Sheet tab just has Codename and Archetype filled out. Is this a bug? Or do I have to fill out the character sheet? Hey Terry, our Content team is having some trouble reproducing this. Is there a specific character sheet you're seeing not filled in? All of the characters should be fully filled in and ready for use immediately. I'd love to help so please let me know any additional details you can. Alternatively, you may try making a new game and see if that fixes it. Christopher C. said: I was looking through the character sheets, and Groot's defenses appear to be broken? I used the toggle to make him a different archetype, but all of the archetype defenses for him are just his normal stats. Hey Christopher, " Groot." ((That's Groot for, "Hey good eye, thanks for spotting this.")) Terry W. said: All NPCs appear to have fight and ranged damage base set to 1d6 when it should be 3d6 in most cases. Bryan W. said: Is this an appropriate place to communicate mistakes?  If so The blaster should have a ranged damage of 2d6 at rank two not 1d6.  I am getting into the weeds with the numbers.. Hey we all need a hobby :) Terry & Bryan, You're both right and I appreciate you reaching out to help us get this corrected for everyone!
1650560035
Todd said: Terry W. said: I'm a bit confused. The NPC stats appear into the Bio tab, but the Character Sheet tab just has Codename and Archetype filled out. Is this a bug? Or do I have to fill out the character sheet? Hey Terry, our Content team is having some trouble reproducing this. Is there a specific character sheet you're seeing not filled in? All of the characters should be fully filled in and ready for use immediately. I'd love to help so please let me know any additional details you can. Alternatively, you may try making a new game and see if that fixes it. Try these steps: Create a new game without the Hydra module. Find NPCs in the compendium. Drag an NPC from the compendium. When things stop spinning (if?), check their character sheet. Alternately: Drag an NPC from the compendium and check their character sheet. The characters added to the journal by the Hydra module are all populated, but characters dragged from the compendium are not.
1650568201
Todd
Roll20 Team
Hey Terry, This makes much more sense now, thank you for the explanation! Unfortunately, the Marvel Playtest itself does not make use of compendium drag-and-drop. Everything included within the compendium is for out of game reference while anything you could need is already supplied within the module itself. I'm going to update the marketplace text to make sure that's a bit more clear as it's quite reasonable to have assumed you could drag things into your game.
1650585976
Bear
Pro
What is the possible timeline on Compendium Drag-n-Drop functionality? This is a BIG tool for me and making me have regrets about buying this so soon :( 
1650631738
Nic B. said: ... Hi There, Unfortunately, the complexity of the dice mechanics in this game really push the limits of what Roll20's roll templates are capable of, and some that cannot be represented with a regular roll from a macro or a chat message (The sheet is doing a lot of the heavy lifting in calculating the effects of the Marvel die. This means adapting the Roll Templates for a macro isn't going to be a satisfactory experience, however, I do like the idea of adding a button to the sheet that allows you to arbitrarily make a dice roll. We can certainly look at doing this. ... Thanks for the reply! While I was stopped at a red light yesterday I was thinking of the mechanics of the d616 system and, yes, it does seem challenging to implement. There are some rules for damage rolls, I think, that would be particularly hard to implement, given that the rules allow for 1-3 dice and the player gets to pick the one to make the Marvel die. 
Christopher C. said: I was looking through the character sheets, and Groot's defenses appear to be broken? I used the toggle to make him a different archetype, but all of the archetype defenses for him are just his normal stats. Hey Christopher, " Groot." ((That's Groot for, "Hey good eye, thanks for spotting this.")) Thanks so much for fixing it! I was going to run the test game for two friends, and they wanted to be Rocket and Groot, so this helps a ton!
1650983357
DnDPlay20
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I am a huge Marvel fan...but I don't understand why they didn't just update the original Marvel RPG. It seemed to work fine at the time it was out. At any rate, this is a product I will be willing to pay for when it is finalized...but I'm not going to pay for a broken test version...unless there are some sort of long term benefits to the people who test it (and not just early access to the finalized one).