Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Artificer Cantrips and Spells aren't working HELPP

Heyo, so I just bought the Eberron pack and am trying to make an artificer. The Race and the Background are homebrews. While I was setting up my spells, I noticed that the only option I was given was "Category:Spells Classes:*Artificer   Level:0 " and "Category:Spells  Classes:*Artificer   Level: 1" for the cantrips and spells respectively. Furthermore, the info box says the following: "Page Not Found. The page you have attempted to reach does not exist. Please check your URL and try again." I'm relatively new to all of this (dnd and these apps), and I'd appreciate any help I could get to solve this issue.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Are you using the Charactermancer, and are you using the D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet? If you are doing spells manually via the Compendium tab, there's a trick to getting a useful display. (Basically, clicking the Spells category and using the filter button at the top of the list, rather than clicking for the over-inclusive spell lists by class category.)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Also, a screen shot of the offending message area might help figure out what's going awry.
I think I'm still using the charactermancer program-. I accidentally pressed finished (and didn't realize I couldn't go back), so now I can't fully edit the character like before. As for the 5th edition sheet, I also think I might be using it? I'm not really sure what a Compendium tab is. I tried also looking up tutorials to just insert spells manually but that doesn't seem to work either. This is the character sheet (first image) and that's the spell list I got after accidentally finishing. (second image)
I'm not sure if this is what you meant but it's not showing me any options for spells when I select Artificer. Also, I can't drag spells into the spells part of the character sheet, which is what most tutorials did. I'm a bit unsure of what to do sadly.
Go to settings and select the compendium sharing option to Yes. From there select the compendium you want and the spells should appear.

Edited 1651187127
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If this is not your game, but was created by someone else who has the compendium, you made need to ask them to do this. However, if you were able to create an Artificer with Characetrmancer, the appropriate Compendium source should have been available to you. If you are not the creator of the game, they may have turned off Eberron (or Tasha's, where it is reprinted) as an allowed source. That compendium tab looks weird though. At the very, very least, it should be showing you the SRD spells, not just be blank. Did it look like that before you filtered? Also, it looks like your character sheet is popped out into its own window? If this is so, then no drag and drop of anything will work. Browser technology generally doesn't let you drag from window to window, only within windows. You can change the default behavior in your settings tab. (gear icon, towards the right of the Compendium tab icon, which you found just fine).
So the thing is, is that its not my game. Its a friends game. I guided them towards the compendium tab and the add ons that Warlord detailed, but they're apparently not there?  At this point, I think I'm just going to have to manually input the spells from searching up their details online
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hmm. They should be able to enable them in the game, even if they don't own the compendium themselves. You would be the only one able to use them.
I'll ask them about it again. In the meantime, I'm fine with just having to write in the spells manually if nothing else works haha