Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse has now released on the Roll20 Marketplace!

Are you ready to face the denizens of the Cosmos? Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse has now released on the Roll20 Marketplace! Those who have pre-ordered will start to see the various marketplace items unlocked over the next several hours. Sparkling with the musings of the wizard Mordenkainen, this tome features a host of creatures for use in the DUNGEONS & DRAGONS roleplaying game. Hailing from every corner of the multiverse, these creatures represent some of the most benevolent and malevolent forces that D&D heroes might face. The book also gathers together fantastical peoples from many different worlds. Each of these peoples represents a race option when you create your D&D character, expanding on the choices in the Player’s Handbook. Compiling and updating monsters that originally appeared in Volo’s Guide to Monsters and Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes, this book presents friends and foes for any D&D campaign, many of them accompanied by the comments of Mordenkainen. The wizard has faced many of these monsters and peoples on numerous wondrous adventures. Now it’s time for you to venture forth and face these creatures yourself! Includes over 250 monsters. Updates to the monsters include making spellcasters easier for Dungeon Masters to run; giving many monsters more damage and resilience; and improving the organization of the stat blocks themselves. Includes over 30 playable races. Brings all the game’s setting-agnostic races into one book, complementing the races in the Player’s Handbook. A multiverse of lore. Includes updates to monster lore that refocuses the stories on the D&D multiverse, rather than on any particular world. The Roll20 conversion of Monsters of the Multiverse will also include.. An astonishing 891 hand crafted custom tokens and handout art with the pop-out style you've come to expect from Roll20 tokens An incredibly useful addon containing macros and several maps
I pre-ordered this and it shows as Owned, but I can't access the content saying I don't own it. Not sure what went wrong.
Hey sorry. I can't seem to view the book. Is there anything wrong with it?

Edited 1652722865
I'm having the same issue: pre-ordered, shows as 'owned' on the product detail page, not in my bookshelf. 
Same as above with accessing the materials
The following maybe why your not seeing things yet. Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse has now released on the Roll20 Marketplace! Those who have pre-ordered will start to see the various marketplace items unlocked over the next several hours.
Same problem here!
It has appeared for me i wasnt concerned
Same problem here
There you can see it has appeared just give it time
I am having The same issue with This it tells me I own it but can not access it 
same problem too.
I am having The same issue
Todd said: Those who have pre-ordered will start to see the various marketplace items unlocked over the next several hours. The pre-order is the same price as the release and takes longer to gain access :S I hope this is not the case for future pre-orders...
what was the point of pre ordering if we don't have instant access? With logic like this, it makes the desire to find better roll20 alternatives even stronger 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You can also check in-game. The info seems to be immediately available there; it could be that the delay is for the web interface. Put this into your chat bar for a quick shortcut to the TOC: [Mordenkainen](<a href="https://app.roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Mordenkainen%20Presents%20-%20Monsters%20of%20the%20Multiverse#content" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Mordenkainen%20Presents%20-%20Monsters%20of%20the%20Multiverse#content</a>)
I have access to the compendium in game, although it doesn't yet appear on my bookshelf in the web interface. However, I've tried creating a PC using the Charactermancer, and seem unable to choose +2 and +1 for the ability score increase when using the updated races.&nbsp; It defaults to three +1s with no way that I can find to switch it.
Unfortunately that is just redirecting me to the page that says I own but can't access the material. keithcurtis said: You can also check in-game. The info seems to be immediately available there; it could be that the delay is for the web interface. Put this into your chat bar for a quick shortcut to the TOC: [Mordenkainen](<a href="https://app.roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Mordenkainen%20Presents%20-%20Monsters%20of%20the%20Multiverse#content" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Mordenkainen%20Presents%20-%20Monsters%20of%20the%20Multiverse#content</a>)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Charactermancer Ability Score Increase When choosing a MMOM race, you are supposed to be able to: Ability Score Increases When determining your character’s Ability Scores, increase one score by 2 and increase a different score by 1, or increase three different scores by 1. It seems to only allow the second option, as the others become grayed out once they are selected.

Edited 1652727117
This is really annoying, why can't I access my copy of this? It is showing as owned in my marketplace items but I can't access it or read it. I should be able to read it like I can my other book purchases. This is nuts, it came out over on DnDBeyond hours ago, why do we have to wait here?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi shaun! Try a direct link until the interface catches up. It's working for me, even though the book is not yet showing on my virtual bookshelf.
Try a direct link until the interface catches up. It's working for me, even though the book is not yet showing on my virtual bookshelf. Direct link just sends me back to the Marketplace, where is says&nbsp; You do not own the Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse compendium expansion. Purchase it here or&nbsp; return to the Compendium . right above the button that says I already own it.
keithcurtis said: Charactermancer Ability Score Increase When choosing a MMOM race, you are supposed to be able to: Ability Score Increases When determining your character’s Ability Scores, increase one score by 2 and increase a different score by 1, or increase three different scores by 1. It seems to only allow the second option, as the others become grayed out once they are selected. Already Submitted a ticket
I also can't access my preorder yet.
keithcurtis said: Hi shaun! Try a direct link until the interface catches up. It's working for me, even though the book is not yet showing on my virtual bookshelf. Nope, doesn't work. Pretty poor show from Roll20, they should at the very least acknowledge and post a proper update given the hpe for this product.

Edited 1652728143
Koop
Pro
I have the same problem indicated by @Shaun_B. above--pink box says "You do not own," directly above gray purchase box indicating "OWNED." No content Add-On in-game and no access via Compendium.
It's been over an hour since it was supposed to go live, over 3 hours since the book was released on DnDBeyond, and yet it is not working, and none of the Roll20 staff are even here telling people what the problem is with the release. Things wouldn't be so frustrating if they at least told people what the delay was. It's terrible customer service.&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
shaun B. said: keithcurtis said: Hi shaun! Try a direct link until the interface catches up. It's working for me, even though the book is not yet showing on my virtual bookshelf. Nope, doesn't work. Pretty poor show from Roll20, they should at the very least acknowledge and post a proper update given the hpe for this product. They did in the top post? Todd &nbsp;said: Those who have pre-ordered will start to see the various marketplace items unlocked over the next several hours. It's also a full day earlier than the original drop date. My guess is that the rate it becomes available is likely out of Roll20's hands, given that all content is served (and bottlenecked) by Amazon Web Services. They unlock it and AWS propagates it across the internet. Just a guess, but it seems likely.
That's not how it should work though Keith. They provided a specific time when the book would be available for use. It has been on pre-order for more than long enough for them to have gotten properly organised. I work in a multi-national IT company myself, I know how global software rollouts work. They should have started pushing out the product hours ago so that it would have been on time - or not brought the release time forward if they new it wasn't going to be available. I have actually finished reading it on DnDBeyond, as a friend who bought it has shared it in a campaign there.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
They did push the time to CT, when it is usually PT. I don't really know the realities of the situation, so I'm only making guesses. There could be any number of variables (i.e. being legally restricted from releasing it even one minute earlier). In any case, I feel that most Roll20 purchases of the title are because people want the book on Roll20, not because they want the book in general. If it weren't for Roll20, I'd have ordered a paper copy, because that's how I prefer reading. In any case, it should be up for most people now, (it just dropped for me).
keithcurtis said: They did push the time to CT, when it is usually PT. I don't really know the realities of the situation, so I'm only making guesses. There could be any number of variables (i.e. being legally restricted from releasing it even one minute earlier). In any case, I feel that most Roll20 purchases of the title are because people want the book on Roll20, not because they want the book in general. If it weren't for Roll20, I'd have ordered a paper copy, because that's how I prefer reading. In any case, it should be up for most people now, (it just dropped for me). Nope, I still don't have access. I am not in the USA so the vagueries of CT / PT are of no interest. I am about to go to bed and still can't access it. Meaning that the hype of bringing it forward was completely false marketting and will result in a complaint being raised and a refund being requested. False advertising is a crime no matter what country you are in.
keithcurtis said: It's also a full day earlier than the original drop date. My guess is that the rate it becomes available is likely out of Roll20's hands, given that all content is served (and bottlenecked) by Amazon Web Services. They unlock it and AWS propagates it across the internet. Just a guess, but it seems likely. the insights are appreciated, Keith :) thanks a bunch
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
lachrymalquietus said: keithcurtis said: It's also a full day earlier than the original drop date. My guess is that the rate it becomes available is likely out of Roll20's hands, given that all content is served (and bottlenecked) by Amazon Web Services. They unlock it and AWS propagates it across the internet. Just a guess, but it seems likely. the insights are appreciated, Keith :) thanks a bunch Just guesses. :)
Hi, everyone! Apologies for the delays. All preorders have now been fulfilled - fulfillment today was a manual process for us so it wasn't as speedy as we would like. Our dev team has done some work to ensure delays on pre-order fulfillment like today's won't happen again. We hope this didn't interfere with your games too much, and hope you enjoy this new content from D&amp;D! Happy gaming!
mine is showing as available as an add on and in compendium sharing but none of the monsters appear in the compendium when I go to it - though it has duplicated all the pre-existing ones with volos and tome of foes stat blocks
The Dungeon Father said: mine is showing as available as an add on and in compendium sharing but none of the monsters appear in the compendium when I go to it - though it has duplicated all the pre-existing ones with volos and tome of foes stat blocks Hi there, have you first tried clearing your&nbsp;cache and cookies from your web browser? I want to make sure that doesn't resolve the issue before asking you to troubleshoot further, now that the content is fully unlocked on our end.
Hi Dean , have cleared cache and cookies but still the same
whatever the issue was it seems to have corrected itself now - have just gone back in and the two versions have mmom and vgt beside them and they let me drag and drop onto the screen which neither were doing before,The MMoM one is dropping with the correct statblock now too.
The Dungeon Father said: whatever the issue was it seems to have corrected itself now - have just gone back in and the two versions have mmom and vgt beside them and they let me drag and drop onto the screen which neither were doing before,The MMoM one is dropping with the correct statblock now too. Great to hear! Todd had taken a walk thru troubleshooting your backend account, and was returning green across the board. Knowing that it resolved itself removes quite a few question marks for us. Thank you so much for updating :) And thank you again for your patience thru this - we'll be looking into the go-live latency some folks experienced during to prevent it in the future.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Charactermancer Language Proficiencies When choosing a MMOM race, you are supposed to be able to have: Languages Your character can speak, read, and write Common and one other language that you and your DM agree is appropriate for the character. The Player’s Handbook offers a list of Languages to choose from. The DM is free to modify that list for a campaign. Charactermancer races created using MMOM do not get asked for language proficiencies.
Thanks for the direct link it is working well to access the compendium via the web.&nbsp; One big thing I've noticed is that the Stat Blocks are all missing Bonus Actions if the monsters have them. They're in the plain text, but not included in the actual stat block.&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Max said: Thanks for the direct link it is working well to access the compendium via the web.&nbsp; One big thing I've noticed is that the Stat Blocks are all missing Bonus Actions if the monsters have them. They're in the plain text, but not included in the actual stat block.&nbsp; That appears to be an issue with the compendium display. The statblock displays correctly when dragged into a game. That's a bug.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Bonus Actions do not display in Compendium view statblock This is not specific to MMOM, but since MOMM is the future, Bonus actions display in the text of a creature and in the statblock once dragged into a game, but do not display in the statblock section of the compendium view, in-game or out.
When using the compendium character crafter, I have a question regarding this book; if I have races from other WoTC books. Would it simply show two races from pre-existing books or is I filed under one race and the player chooses the version they want? Or is it one of those, disregard this book and only use mmotm?
Vic said: When using the compendium character crafter, I have a question regarding this book; if I have races from other WoTC books. Would it simply show two races from pre-existing books or is I filed under one race and the player chooses the version they want? Or is it one of those, disregard this book and only use mmotm? The charactermancer lists two races, with the source next to the name.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You have access to all versions you have purchased, even if the book is discontinued. The only time something gets changed is errata or bug corrections. I.e. if you have Volo's Guide to Monsters alread, you can still build a Volo's Bugbear or a MMOM bugbear character, but you need to choose at character creation.

Edited 1652815760
Hi, I purchased MMoM today, and I do see the content in my compendium.&nbsp; However, when I look at a MMoM-labeled playable race, such as Aasimar and Orc, the content is not the new MMoM version but the legacy version from Volo's, etc..&nbsp; I have my hardcopy, and I've checked a few of these, but I'm not seeing the new stuff.&nbsp; Thanks! Edited:&nbsp; Just checked some monster stat blocks, and the MMoM versions are also bringing up the legacy stat blocks.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Sorry, I'm gonna have to skip this one. I'm not gonna pay money for monsters I already have but with stat blocks slightly changed and 'problematic' lore removed.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Chris B. said: Hi, I purchased MMoM today, and I do see the content in my compendium.&nbsp; However, when I look at a MMoM-labeled playable race, such as Aasimar and Orc, the content is not the new MMoM version but the legacy version from Volo's, etc..&nbsp; I have my hardcopy, and I've checked a few of these, but I'm not seeing the new stuff.&nbsp; Thanks! Edited:&nbsp; Just checked some monster stat blocks, and the MMoM versions are also bringing up the legacy stat blocks.&nbsp;&nbsp; Depending on where you are checking, verify the source. if you are looking at a compendium source, scroll up and make sure the selector is set for MMOM. It seems to be defaulting to earlier compendiums, though when you drag them into a game or choose them in Charactermancer (in the case of races), the source is respected from the beginning.
I see it.&nbsp; Thanks, Keith!
Kobold Legacy does not appear as selections in the charactermancer (it picks all three ...kinda)