Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Edit text font/color after writing it on tabletop

Hi everyone! I am prepping some GM notes using the text tool directly onto my pages. I know I can get back in to edit the text box by double clicking on it, but is there a way to edit the font size or color after it's been posted? I see the font option toolbox pop up when I edit the text box, but then when I try to click on it, it disappears immediately. Is this a bug on my end? Thanks! Andrew
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Andrew! Select the text object while not in the edit mode (use the selection tool arrow). Text size is attached to the object, not characters in the object, so the tool is not available with specific characters selected. It's counterintuitive if you are thinking of it as a text editor, but it's really just a very simple label maker.
Aha! That does it indeed, thanks so much!
Thank you SO much for the answer, keithcurtis! i never bothered to ask about this issue since, as you said, the tool is not really a text editor.