Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tasha's Optional Class Rules.

Some class options (for example the ranger's) in Tasha's Cauldron of Everything are supposed to be a choice between a PHB class feature and the optional one. The roll20 characterization presents them as being AND rather than OR.
The ranger issue is known. No correction date has been announce. For now, if you use tasha's just don't select the PHB options  

Edited 1655994750
Even if you don't select anything from the drop down, it shows up on the character sheet. I had an argument with a player about this who insisted they should have both options since the charactermancer let them do it. We pay MSRP for content on roll20 with their justification being the integration with VTT. This causes me to have little to no tolerance for integration errors. We have to put pressure on roll20 to improve. Warlord said: The ranger issue is known. No correction date has been announce. For now, if you use tasha's just don't select the PHB options  
It clearly says in the description that is is an alternative to a feature in the PHB.  My normal method is to just ask the player which option they want and delete the other from the character sheet, it can take a bit of work to work out what things were taken, but it isn't too much of a problem.  If a player tried to insist they should have both then they would just loose the options from Tasha's without being given a choice in one of my games, but I can be a bit harsh as a GM.
I should not have to reverse engineer all my players characters or babysit them creating them to make sure the charactermancer does not screw up. Again, if we want roll20 to improve, we need to put pressure on them and not try to convince ourselves that its acceptable. Oenanthe said: It clearly says in the description that is is an alternative to a feature in the PHB.  My normal method is to just ask the player which option they want and delete the other from the character sheet, it can take a bit of work to work out what things were taken, but it isn't too much of a problem.  If a player tried to insist they should have both then they would just loose the options from Tasha's without being given a choice in one of my games, but I can be a bit harsh as a GM.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Drew! If you want to make the dev team aware, and put pressure on to fix things, your best bet is to file a  Help Center Request . It produces a ticket, which will get assigned to the appropriate team. A forum post has much lower visibility, and there is no tracking mechanism. I have a strong suspicion that they are aware of this shortcoming (due to the number of times it has been mentioned on the forums), but those tickets accumulate and do indeed indicate the seriousness of the need for a fix.
I agree, which is why I had already submitted a help center request before posting here. I know they are working an an new UI right now (which they can surely use....) but getting the stuff right that relates to their basic value proposition to customers should come first. keithcurtis said: Hi Drew! If you want to make the dev team aware, and put pressure on to fix things, your best bet is to file a  Help Center Request . It produces a ticket, which will get assigned to the appropriate team. A forum post has much lower visibility, and there is no tracking mechanism. I have a strong suspicion that they are aware of this shortcoming (due to the number of times it has been mentioned on the forums), but those tickets accumulate and do indeed indicate the seriousness of the need for a fix.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Cool, you've done what you can, then. Luckily, the dev population is broken up into teams. The UX team works on interface. There are other teams for compendium content, sheet development, etc. One task is not dependent on the other.