Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LF 1-2 More] [Fridays 11:30am EST] The Wild Beyond the Witchlight

DM Cucub
Marketplace Creator
Hi folks! My name is Victor (he/him) and I'm looking for 1-2 more players to join my Witchlight game.&nbsp; 20USD Per Session via Startplaying.games Weekly on Fridays at 11:30am EST 3/5 seats filled Currently, the party just finished session 0 and they're still at the Witchlight Carnival, at level 1 Full details here:&nbsp; <a href="https://startplaying.games/adventure/62924c7a114a052ddb65b83e" rel="nofollow">https://startplaying.games/adventure/62924c7a114a052ddb65b83e</a> Feel free to add me on Discord if you have any questions: Cucub#3163. About the adventure The traveling extravaganza known as the Witchlight Carnival visits your world once every eight years. You have a dim memory of sneaking into the carnival as a child without paying for a ticket. That memory has grown foggy over time, though it still conjures a weird admixture of emotions—wonder and awe mixed with loss and regret. During this childhood visit, your character lost something. You tried to find it, but the carnival owners—a pair of elves named Mister Witch and Mister Light—were decidedly unhelpful. "Silly little screeching cricket," said Witch. "You forgot to buy a ticket." "The carnival goes round and round," said Light. "The multiverse is our playground. Nothing's free and nothing's lost. Every visit has its cost." As time passed, your heart became less heavy, and you gave less and less thought to those childhood events. Now, for reasons you can't explain, the longing to retrieve that which you have lost has resurfaced, as though an old spell has faded away, allowing you to feel the loss as sharply as if it happened yesterday. The Witchlight Carnival has returned, and you find yourself standing near a ticket booth by the entrance at twilight, just as the carnival is about to open. There you meet others who look as troubled as you. Without knowing how or why, you sense that each of them has lost something as well. Perhaps fate has brought you together. --- The Wild Beyond the Witchlight is an adventure Module developed by Wizards of the Coast. It is meant to take characters from level 1 to 8. Whimsical and lighthearted in nature, WOTC claims that it is possible to complete the whole adventure with little to no combat (depending on player actions, of course). -- **About Me** My name is Victor (he/him). I am a Philosophy Ph.D. student who professionally DMs, and I use my philosophy background to inform my DM style. If you're into the rule of cool, roleplay, and moral dilemmas (does the party smother the dragon hatchling or risk waking its parents?) then I am the DM for you! I am well experienced with TTRPGs, fantasy settings, and DMing (8 years experience). I DM multiple times a week, constantly honing my craft. I often re-skin characters and plot points to better incorporate and immerse your character! **Applying:** Book the session on startplaying.games. If your application is chosen, I do a 15-20 minute interview on Discord with all players. This is to see if they would be a good fit for the game and party and to give the player an opportunity to ask questions. If all goes well, I will then invite you to the game on Roll20. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/335756/the-wild-beyond-the-witchlight-lgbt-plus-and-bipoc-inclusive" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/335756/the-wild-beyond-the-witchlight-lgbt-plus-and-bipoc-inclusive</a> &nbsp;
DM Cucub
Marketplace Creator
Hi folks! Another update on this campaign.&nbsp; We currently have 4 seats filled - room for 1 more. During the last session, the party finished up in the Carnival and are currently in the Feywild where they were (unfortunately for them) robbed!&nbsp; We will be beginning session 3 tomorrow at level 2. We are still early on in the campaign and if this sounds like something you'd be interested in, feel free to shoot me a message on Discord, Cucub#3163. Hope to see ya there!
DM Cucub
Marketplace Creator
Hello, folks!&nbsp; Here is another update on this campaign. 4 seats are still filled, still 1 seat open. During the last session, the party started to slowly recover from being robbed.&nbsp; After a battle with 2 giant serpents, the party rescued a gnome and met some PCs from their backstories who are also in the Feywild with their own goals.&nbsp; Session 4 will be this Friday and the party will likely reach level 3 by the end of it. I would say that the party is still in the "beginning" of the campaign, but probably not after session 4. If this sounds interesting to you, feel free to hit me up on Discord, Cucub#3163. See ya there!
DM Cucub
Marketplace Creator
Hi folks! Another update on this game. The party managed to defeat the bandits which robbed them and made it to level 3.&nbsp; Currently, they're politicking with a local frog king, haha.&nbsp; Still have 1 spot open, so if you'd like to jump in at level 3, feel free to add me on Discord, Cucub#3163. Hope to see ya there!
DM Cucub
Marketplace Creator
Hi folks! Next session starts tomorrow! One minor update - one of the players is away for the next 2 weeks, so the party is a party of 3 for now. Their character, in game, is spending those 2 weeks drinking at a tavern that travels via fleshy legs attached to it!&nbsp; Again, still only have 1 spot open as I am holding the seat for the temporarily gone player. If you want to jump in at level 3, add me on Discord (Cucub#3163) and we can talk! Peace.&nbsp;