Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Journeys through the Radiant Citadel is now available in the Roll20 Marketplace!

Edited 1658259845
Eve
Roll20 Team
Through the mists of the Ethereal Plane shines the Radiant Citadel Roll20 is excited to announce that Journeys through the Radiant Citadel is available in the Marketplace. If you pre-ordered, you will automatically receive your content by the end of the day. We will update this thread once pre-order fulfillment is complete. All pre-orders have now been fulfilled. A magical city with connections to lands rich with excitement and danger. Travelers from across the multiverse flock here to share their traditions, stories, and calls for heroes. The Radiant Citadel is the first step on the path to legend. Where will your journeys take you? Journeys through the Radiant Citadel is a collection of thirteen short, stand-alone D&D adventures. Each adventure has ties to the Radiant Citadel and can be run by itself or as part of an ongoing campaign. Include these adventures in any D&D campaign setting or in worlds of your own design. Then explore the Radiant Citadel and learn how it can link any adventures into a wider campaign. What's Inside? Thirteen new stand-alone adventures spanning levels 1 to 14, each with its own set of maps Introduces the Radiant Citadel, a new location on the Ethereal Plane that connects  adventurers to richly detailed and distinct corners of the D&D multiverse Each adventure can be set in any existing D&D campaign setting or on worlds of your own design Introduces eleven new D&D monsters There's a story for every adventuring party, from whimsical and light to dark and foreboding and everything in between The Roll20 Conversion of Journeys through the Radiant Citadel also brings you: An art pack with 150+ custom pop-out style tokens and custom art handouts to share at your table A Compendium bringing all the lore and Gazetteer content right to your fingertips while you're exploring the Ethereal Plane A one-stop-shop module to have everything at once, as well as thirteen separated out addons to drop each adventure into your game exactly when you want it Bug Reports If you are experiencing any other issues, please let us know on the Help Center.
When I bought Candlekeep I was deeply, deeply, dissapointed in the maps that were created for it in from Roll20. Are the maps any similar in Citadel? They were bare boned and seemed rushed. I'm hesitant to purchase another module with mini stories if that is the case. Thanks for the insight. 
Ray Conda said: bare boned and seemed rushed Pretty much...
The Roll20 conversion is a conversion of the material supplied by the publisher Wizards of the Coast. The maps look the same as in the books, a kind of brown/beige on parchment color.
Ray Conda said: When I bought Candlekeep I was deeply, deeply, dissapointed in the maps that were created for it in from Roll20. Are the maps any similar in Citadel? They were bare boned and seemed rushed. I'm hesitant to purchase another module with mini stories if that is the case. Thanks for the insight.  Yes, the maps are basically minimalist on graph paper almost all entirely black and white; with a little bit of blue for water.  but that's not really roll20s fault; they put up what the publisher gives them.  I suspect someone will probably create colored maps and put them up on dmsguild or what have you.  Or maybe on reddit somewhere.  Or if you have the time and inclination, there's a lot of cool mapping software out there.  Would be nice to have some full-colored maps. 
I hadn't seen the books in person. Thank you for letting me know Roll20 is using what the publishers created. DMsguild is a great idea for maps, Thanks!  awogg said: Ray Conda said: When I bought Candlekeep I was deeply, deeply, dissapointed in the maps that were created for it in from Roll20. Are the maps any similar in Citadel? They were bare boned and seemed rushed. I'm hesitant to purchase another module with mini stories if that is the case. Thanks for the insight.  Yes, the maps are basically minimalist on graph paper almost all entirely black and white; with a little bit of blue for water.  but that's not really roll20s fault; they put up what the publisher gives them.  I suspect someone will probably create colored maps and put them up on dmsguild or what have you.  Or maybe on reddit somewhere.  Or if you have the time and inclination, there's a lot of cool mapping software out there.  Would be nice to have some full-colored maps.