Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e D&D, where is equipment to buy after taking starting wealth?

If I take the starting wealth option where is the equipment so I can buy?
Click on the Compendium tab:   Then either select "Lists", then the category you want and pick from the list ( or just type in the item you want  in the search bar), then  drag-and-drop it to your character sheet.
To clarify...you cannot purchase items on your sheet where an item is bought then the amount of money is subtracted? You just have to keep track of your purchases and drag and drop?
Arkus Ruin said: To clarify...you cannot purchase items on your sheet where an item is bought then the amount of money is subtracted? You just have to keep track of your purchases and drag and drop? Correct. I think that there may be an API script that performs that kind of inventory function, but I'm not sure that it works with the 5E Roll20 Character Sheet. IMO, for as many times as you need to do that math, it's not a big deal. Whoever created that character sheet accomplished an amazing piece of coding, but as in all design work, no one can think of everything.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Arkus Ruin! You are correct. There is no integration that allows that sort of activity. There are some scripts that can do automatic cash changes, but Mod scripts cannot interact with Compendium data. They would require you to set up your own internal price lists.
Thanks all.
If you have DnDbeyond, that process is doable.
My understanding is that dndbeyond add on to link roll20 and dndbeyond is frowned on or illegal to dndbeyond. I am uncertain about that