Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Discard Cards From Hand

I noticed someone mentioned this 6 years ago and an admin said its a great suggestion but nothing came of it. I am using Roll20 to test my board game designs to prevent printing a bunch of test pieces and was so excited when I saw Roll20 had a card feature! That I can upload my own designs for no less! I haven't Figured how to assign decks to players where they can only see the deck i appoint to them (if this is a thing can you walk me through how to do it?). My biggest issue is the dragging the cards to the board and deleting them in order to discard them. Very weird you wouldn't have added this yet. Also you should add the ability to duplicate a single card in a deck. since I'm using roll20 to play test and my game has multiples of the same card in a deck, its annoying having to create the same card repeatedly. I have seen more posts where people wish this was a thing as well. PLEASE ADD! lol also I still love roll20 and think ur awesome and <3
There is a suggestion for enhanced features in the Suggestions Forum. You'll need to go there and add your suggestions/comments, etc. And vote. Cards and decks need some serious love from the devs.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I have an unreleased script I wrote for my daughter to do exactly what you're doing.  It supports setting up decks with multiple copies dynamically, and rebuilding them with different ratios, etc.  I've been meaning to clean it up and release it, but let me know if you're interested and I can get you an early copy. =D
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
The Aaron said: I have an unreleased script I wrote for my daughter to do exactly what you're doing.  It supports setting up decks with multiple copies dynamically, and rebuilding them with different ratios, etc.  I've been meaning to clean it up and release it, but let me know if you're interested and I can get you an early copy. =D I'm definitely interested, please. :)
Gold
Forum Champion
Finderski said: The Aaron said: I have an unreleased script I wrote for my daughter to do exactly what you're doing.  It supports setting up decks with multiple copies dynamically, and rebuilding them with different ratios, etc.  I've been meaning to clean it up and release it, but let me know if you're interested and I can get you an early copy. =D I'm definitely interested, please. :) I'm interested in all Mods and approaches to Card Deck Functionality.  I don't necessarily have a current Game that's an actual use case for it, but I'm very keen to test Roll20 Cards for ways to do whatever you can do with Physical cards at your kitchen table. I'd even test a Mod called "52 card pickup".