Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Virus Scanning PDF issue again...

I was having this issue when PDF uploads were first introduced, then it worked for several weeks, and now it is back to failing. Sometimes I get a pop up window saying an internal error has occurred (500), but most of the time it uploads and then just gets stuck in Virus Scanning. The older method of deleting and then adding from the library doesn't work as the file never shows up in the library. Any tips?
I'm having the same issue. So frustrating.
Having the same problem
Zer0
Pro
Same problem here, still
Same problem. Any updates on a solution? 
Gauss
Forum Champion
Could everyone having this issue please post the following information:  1) PDF size?  2) What browser you are using? 3) Have you disabled your extensions (if any)? 4) Have you cleared cache/cookies? 
Ya I'm facing the same issue, it didn't happen like this a couple weeks ago. My info is as follows; 1) 30kb 2) Firefox 3) Yes 4) Yes After clearing, disabling, and restarting not only my computer but also Roll20 the issue persisted.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Deon T. said: Ya I'm facing the same issue, it didn't happen like this a couple weeks ago. My info is as follows; 1) 30kb 2) Firefox 3) Yes 4) Yes After clearing, disabling, and restarting not only my computer but also Roll20 the issue persisted. Could you try Chrome and see if the problem persists there? 
I've tried on both firefox and chrome with the same issue. 

Edited 1665238076
Size: 707KB (UA2022-Expert-Classes.pdf) Browser(s): Firefox (new install), Chrome, Chrome Incognito, Edge Chrome Extensions (tried with them disabled too): Adblock Plus Google Docs Offline PayPal Honey Tab Muter WAVE Evaluation Tool WCAG Color contrast checker Cleared cache (all settings, for all time). Game(s): <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/8171016" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/8171016</a> <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/13141266" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/13141266</a>
Gauss
Forum Champion
For those that have issues uploading a PDF, is this multiple PDFs or just one?&nbsp; If it is multiple PDFs are they from the same source or different sources?&nbsp; Not all PDFs are created equal. For example, s ome are encrypted.&nbsp;
Gauss said: For those that have issues uploading a PDF, is this multiple PDFs or just one?&nbsp; If it is multiple PDFs are they from the same source or different sources?&nbsp; Not all PDFs are created equal. For example, s ome are encrypted.&nbsp; I thought I'd tried a couple different ones before posting, but don't know for sure. However, re-downloaded&nbsp; UA2022-Expert-Classes.pdf ,&nbsp;tried to upload it and it still failed. I then tried a couple of random pdfs in my downloads folder. Neither of those had issues. My case must just be the one file then.
My experience has been with several pdfs of various sizes that I built from handouts. None of them were encrypted. Its the virus scanning stage that it stalls on.&nbsp;
Gauss
Forum Champion
David G. said: My experience has been with several pdfs of various sizes that I built from handouts. None of them were encrypted. Its the virus scanning stage that it stalls on.&nbsp; Being encrypted is just one possible reason.&nbsp; My suggestion is to create a bug report with the Devs via the help center and send them the PDFs that are not uploading. Maybe they can determine why.&nbsp;
For what its worth, I had the same issue over and over again with the Expert Classes Unearthed Arcana pdf, and my work around for this was to open the PDF and then send it to print, but change that to Microsoft Print to PDF feature to create another PDF.&nbsp; I was able to upload the file this way with my "new" pdf.&nbsp; Not exactly a fix for the issue, but seems to be a good work around.
I've been having the same problem today. Uploaded five PDFs (less than 200 KB each) no problem. But that's it. None of the PDFs I try to upload work as they all get stuck on the virus scanning phase.&nbsp; Is there any fix in the pipeline for this? What am I suppose to do in the meantime?