Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Allow Players on Different Pages at the Same Time + Interactive Linking between Pages + Offline Backup

Edited 1662559963
Hello everyone. I have seen some elements in my post suggested elsewhere whilst I didn't see the main idea suggested yet, so please feel free to point me to the other threads if they already exist. I'd like to see a feature where players could be active on multiple pages at once. The GM could set certain pages to be moved to freely or through an interactive element on a map so that players could independently move to the other page when they interact with it. I can see a wide variety of applications for this on, for example, multi-layer dungeon/building/house maps. With permissions correctly set, this could also prevent several groups of players to see each other's content when one would log in during another's session in a multi-group campaign. The main reason for these requests is that I run different instances of my homebrew campaign, and whenever I design and implement something in campaign A, having to transfer everything without folder structure or other structures like permissions broken to campaign B is a time-consuming chore. I'd like to be able to merge all groups into one campaign, but I fear that things might get spoiled if someone logs in during the other group's session. I could warn against this and set reminders for dates and times, but accidents can happen. I'd much rather have Group B be redirected to their title screen page when I'm in session with Group A. Edit: Oh, and I'd like the ability to keep an offline backup of my campaigns. Preferably in a format where I could edit information offline as well. Just in case. Let me know what you think!
I think it's an amazing idea.  I mean, it wouldn't hurt, right? And that offline backup would be a godsend. Sometimes I'm away and wish I could edit stuff without internet access when I suddenly get an inspiration or something.
[Deleted]
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .