Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFDM][Multiple Systems][FREE][FRI EST 8:30 - 12]

Edited 1663341136
Please note: This listing is looking for a Game Master. We may be interested in adding another player, but that will be at the discretion of the new Game Master. The Basic Info Time : 8:30 - 12:00 PM EST  Frequency : BiWeekly, with the opportunity to join an ongoing 5e campaign on the alternating Fridays.  Number of Players: Four, though we would be open to adding another player or two at the DMs discretion.  Additional Tools Used: Voice through Discord Systems interested in: D&D 5e, D&D One Playtest, Pathfinder 1e, Pathfinder 2e, Call of C'thulhu 7e, Vampire the Masquerade 5e, or any other system that you can pitch well! Open to Modules: Yes, though we have played some of them.  Who We Are We are a group of friends that have been hanging out and playing D&D together for a number of years now.  We're fun loving and relaxed players, who have a focus on good roleplay but don't shy away from difficult and engaging combat. Recently, our old DM had to step down due to real life issues and we would love to find a new person to run a game for us and join the friend group! We Might Be a Good Fit for You If: - You want to be a part of not only a gaming group but also a friend group. - You want a group that will throw themselves into interacting with the world presented and the story. - The schedule of biweekly DMing with off weeks as a player sounds fun to you. We Might Not Be a Good Fit for You If: - You want to run an almost exclusively combat game. We enjoy engaging and difficult combat, but we do like having a good chunk of roleplay as well. - It is incredibly important to you that gameplay is always serious and efficient. We try to stay on track, but we do enjoy small character asides that aren't necessary for main plot and sometimes break character for small jokes. - Fridays don't work for you. Unfortunately, the day of the week is non-negotiable at this time.   Victory or Valhalla: The Other Campaign Pitch The wicked winds of winter have gone unabated for far too long, with the spring melt a week overdue, with the snows continuing to pile around the fjord in which Norðurvík sits. Jarl Björn Hafþórsson has declared the storm an emergency, and needs the warriors and adventurers within the city to venture out to discover the source of this curse, before food stores run out. For some of you, Norðurvík is your home, for others, the town you were stranded in during winter, when the seas froze you in. No matter what past led you to the Great North, your fate is tied to the fate of the lands you have wintered in. Will you live to see spring return? Or will you perish, forgotten in the frost? Find out, in Victory or Valhalla! Join Erik Frey, a quiet Drakewarden Ranger, who finds the companionship of his animals more enjoyable than people; Juniper, a peppy Draconic Sorcerer, who uses her fire magic to cook meals out of the ever dwindling supply; and Keldran, a hermit Star Druid, who hopes for an omen for why this is happening. 
The Gort are a horrid race of monsters invading your islands and capturing your people for slaves, food. and to incubate their larva inside - letting it painfully eat the host alive from the inside out. Defend your villages, take to the seas to rescue prisoners and save them from an awful fate. Plunder the Gort ships to finance your cause. Bring your swords and arrows to the Gort homelands and slay their children before they grow up and kill your people.    The world is a vast collection of many medieval islands and many types of cryptid beasts and creatures. Your God has blessed you with a few spells and prayers to protect you and help you against your enemies, but you will have to fight with your weapons and courage if you want to succeed. Hello I am JeffreyJames,  I Gm'ed role playing games for about 5 years using my own game system called firewinds. I watched all of "adventure zone", "demonac: tales for my dnd campaign", and "harmon quest" and it inspired me to spend a year animating one secession of my space-western game. You can watch it on youtube called "firewinds of the suns" if you want to see my Gm style.  YOU MUST HAVE DISCORD AND A MIC We post when we are going to play in our discord and use discord voice chat in our games.    18+ WITH GROSS VIOLENCE AND HORRIBLE LANGUAGE  Or at least be 16 and act like and sound like you are 18, and never tell us you're not.    THIS IS NOT DND 5E  It's ok that  you don't know how to play this game,  I will help you. It's designed to be easy to learn. When you start, all macros are already made for your character sheet. I will tell you when and where to click a button to roll until you figure it out yourself. If you want to read the rules to the games system or download the forms, go to the    firewindsoftheseas website   THE MAGIC SYSTEM AND SPELLS ARE DIFFERENT THAN DND 5E If you want to use magic you will need to read the spellcasters guide and spells up to the level you are before you try to cast a spell.    THIS IS A CLASSLESS AND RACELESS  RPG SYSTEM  You are a barbarian/wizard/rogue/assassin/healer/bard - you can (and will need to) do it all - you don't have to count on party members to save you . You are not prohibited from doing things by stupid class and race restrictions designed to disable your character.     YOU DON'T NEED TO WASTE HOURS MAKING A CHARACTER TO START Your first game you are a redshirt - a 0 level character with crappy stats who will likely get killed. After you play a game and if I like you I will invite you to make a character and continue playing. I made it simple to learn and make characters.    FOLLOW THE STORY, DONT BE A MURDER HOBO, BE A HERO  Only a  limited amount of railroading when necessary to advance the story in an endless open world setting. This is a story of heros- not murder hobos rapists.  BE COOL, I play to be social and make friends. If someone is not a nice person who wants to make friends and hang out with others and help each other they are probably not going to fit in. , if you want to bond and fight for glory with fantasy friends to save the kingdom come join us.   ORIGINAL CONTENT AND ORIGINAL CREATURES This is a pre-gunpowder medieval weapon fantasy game with medieval weapons and homebrew creatures and magic. You won't be playing any worn out modules. The world is a vast collection of many medieval islands and many types of cryptid beasts and creatures. Your God has blessed you with a few spells and prayers to protect you and help you against your enemies, but you will have to fight with your weapons and courage if you want to succeed.    I record our games for future youtube use or podcasts and by playing you consent to releasing all rights to any ideas or content you produce and the use of your voice and likeness, we will not use your full name or release personal information about you.