Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
Create a free account

Content Management

1663939483
So I grabbed the free copy of Fistful of Flowers, primarily because I want to see how a module here on Roll20 looks.  I want to use it to help me decide on purchasing adventures and rulebooks and such.  However, I can't find it. How does one see their content that they've acquired here?  How do we access it so we can review it? I tried clicking on Create a Game, thinking that I could review it that way and just kill the game when I'm done.  But the module doesn't show up in the list of modules to create a game from.  In fact, that list has all kinds of stuff I didn't purchase. What am I missing?  Where can I see and review my content?
1663940039

Edited 1663940143
Another issue of reviewing on mobile vs. desktop.  The links on mobile don't have My Marketplace Items under Marketplace, but it's there on desktop.  However, clicking on the item from there only takes me to the page that describes what it is, and doesn't give me the option to review OR create a game from it. Also doesn't answer the question of why every freaking module shows up when I go to create a game, though.
1663943358
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
A lot of the games on the right are free demos. These have accumulated over the years. If you want to see what a typical "by Roll20" adventure looks like, clicking on Lost Mine of Phandelver is a good representative. Third party modules will have different standards and conventions. If I log in on my  Dummy Account  (which is a free account with no purchases on it, but does show 17 demos and free modules), I will see all of these. Clicking on LMoP will take me to a screen that gives me several buttons to make a game from it. Below the free stuff is a "From the Marketplace" section which has recommendations for new or popular offerings. Clicking on one of those takes you to a marketplace entry where you can purchase if you want. I can't speak to the mobile experience, as I rarely if ever interact with Roll20 on a mobile device.
1663943634

Edited 1663944108
While that all makes sense, it doesn't explain why I can't see the module I got from the Marketplace this morning in that list.  Why can't I see the module I picked up this morning in that list?  Did I do something wrong?
1663944309
Gauss
Forum Champion
Scarecrow71, to be clear, are you on a PC or on Mobile?  To help you troubleshoot please reference which device you are on for each problem.  Roll20 is not designed to work on phones. You need a tablet at the minimum, preferably a PC. 
1663944588
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I don't think it is a module, which have to be chosen at game creation.  This appears to be an Addon, which is added from the details/launch page of an existing game.  From the marketplace page of the Fistful of Flowers item: Accessing your Content Addon : This adventure includes an addon. To add to a new or existing game, add via the Game Details Page. On the Game Details page, scroll down to the Game Addons section. Select the desired addon from the dropdown menu and then click add to game. Everything from the addon will be available next time you enter the game. Art Pack : You can access the Art Pack under the Premium Assets section of the Art Library in-app. These assets are only available for in-app use.
1663947406
That makes sense.  2 of the items in the free bundle literally state they are add-ons, but one of them doesn't and makes it sound like it's a module.  But if it's just additional adventure content, that makes sense. Thank you everyone for putting up with my questions!
1663983044
Kraynic said: I don't think it is a module, which have to be chosen at game creation.  This appears to be an Addon, which is added from the details/launch page of an existing game.  From the marketplace page of the Fistful of Flowers item: Accessing your Content Addon : This adventure includes an addon. To add to a new or existing game, add via the Game Details Page. On the Game Details page, scroll down to the Game Addons section. Select the desired addon from the dropdown menu and then click add to game. Everything from the addon will be available next time you enter the game. Art Pack : You can access the Art Pack under the Premium Assets section of the Art Library in-app. These assets are only available for in-app use. So, a check of the post here states its an adventure?
1663990782
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Adventure doesn't really mean anything though.  Terminology on how things are accessed (and applied to games) will be Module, Addon, Art Library, and/or Compendium.  Anything else is descriptive text of the product instead of a technical term of how it is presented.
1663992289
Kraynic said: Adventure doesn't really mean anything though.  Terminology on how things are accessed (and applied to games) will be Module, Addon, Art Library, and/or Compendium.  Anything else is descriptive text of the product instead of a technical term of how it is presented. Thats rather confusing for new users such as myself.  The description literallynstates it is a 3rd kevwl adventure, and the product page itself shows 3 items in the bundle - one add-on, one art library, and one unmarked.  The images for the unmarked item show maps and an adventure and such.  I just don't understand how everything can point to this being a module and them be told it isn't. But, I will have to trust you as you have been here fat longer than I have.  So then, my next question:  how do I use this item then?  Howndo I incorporate this with any other game I'm running?
1663998132
Gauss
Forum Champion
Scarecrow71 said: Kraynic said: Adventure doesn't really mean anything though.  Terminology on how things are accessed (and applied to games) will be Module, Addon, Art Library, and/or Compendium.  Anything else is descriptive text of the product instead of a technical term of how it is presented. Thats rather confusing for new users such as myself.  The description literallynstates it is a 3rd kevwl adventure, and the product page itself shows 3 items in the bundle - one add-on, one art library, and one unmarked.  The images for the unmarked item show maps and an adventure and such.  I just don't understand how everything can point to this being a module and them be told it isn't. But, I will have to trust you as you have been here fat longer than I have.  So then, my next question:  how do I use this item then?  Howndo I incorporate this with any other game I'm running? There are two kinds of adventure products in Roll20's marketplace. "Modules" that are used to create your game, and "Addons" which are added to existing games. The product page indicates which kind it is.  Yes, both Roll20 modules and Roll20 addons are modules in the sense that they are an adventure module. But, Roll20 has to define them in some way to separate the two.  Roll20 Modules are usually too big to add to a game, while addons are usually too small to warrant creating as an entire game. Addons are better suited to adding to existing games.  To add an Addon to your existing game go to your game's campaign details page. Go to the addon's section, find the addon you want to add to your game. Select it and add it.  It is now in your game. 
1663998994
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Scarecrow71 said: Thats rather confusing for new users such as myself.  The description literallynstates it is a 3rd kevwl adventure, and the product page itself shows 3 items in the bundle - one add-on, one art library, and one unmarked.  The images for the unmarked item show maps and an adventure and such.  I just don't understand how everything can point to this being a module and them be told it isn't. Gauss gave you a screenshot of how to add it to a game.  The description I copy/pasted into my earlier post has a link to the Addon page of the Help Center which also tells you how to enable Addons for your game.  It also mentions the type of things that might be packaged as an Addon.  You might want to check that out. 
1664023591
Yep, a quick check of everything once again shows that I need to slow down and read.  I am able to see how to add things that are add-ons, and re-reading the description clearly shows that it's add-on material and not a module. Thank you all once again for putting up with my Roll20 newbness!