Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

IPAD and Chrome - game loads for player but not for GM

I am using an M1 IPAD and latest Chrome - using the r20 supplied pf2 head-shot the rot content if I start a game in GM mode - it loads the frame but spins on the loading status. if I start it as a player, it loads fine Also, if I load an empty game, it also loads fine for both
Gauss
Forum Champion
My guess is that as a DM you are having a much higher resource load than as a player. It is causing your tablet issues. Unfortunately that is about the end of my knowledge as I don't use tablets.  Perhaps a tablet user will come in to make suggestions. 
I'm  guessing when you log in to your Head Shot the Rot game as a player, the player flag is on a page without the dynamic lighting? Maybe you are running into the Roll20 vs WebKit problem. Roll20 with UDL and modern WebKit browsers don't get along well; all browsers on iOS (even Chrome) use WebKit. On Safari disabling the "WebGL via Metal" option and enabling the "GPU Process: WebGL" option under Experimental Features might work for you. However other sites might not be happy with this.  Anyway, m aybe Chrome lets you set these options as well.
Yeah, it's the dynamic lighting.  I just turned stuff off until it started working. Most browsers are webkit these days, iPadOS or not.  I have zero problems with dynamic lighting on my M1 mac mini using modern Chrome.  This looks like an issue with the Roll20 side mobile page and trying to translate this for a mobile browser.
Also, it doesn't work on the player side either when I move the player to that map
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
I’m pretty sure that Chrome on MacOS isn’t required to use WebKit like Chrome on iPadOS. I keep my Roll20 use on iPad Chrome to just the forums, like now. 

Edited 1664176517
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Andrew R. said: I’m pretty sure that Chrome on MacOS isn’t required to use WebKit like Chrome on iPadOS. I keep my Roll20 use on iPad Chrome to just the forums, like now.  You are correct. Browsers on MacOS are essentially the same underlying tech as on other platforms. On iOS though, they are basically Safari with a different user interface. This may be insurmountable for Roll20. Responses I have gotten from the Help Center are not very hopeful-sounding.