Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for Simple(?) Script to Count Total Number of Cards in Players' Hands Across Multiple Decks

Edited 1664371373
John
Pro
Does anyone know of an API script that can count (and apply some simple math to) the total number of cards in a player's hand across multiple decks? I play 5e and use multiple decks to track items and equipment based on Darker Dungeons Slot-Based Inventory System.  Each of my 4 decks designates the weight of the items in the deck:  tiny (0.2 slots), small (1 slot), medium (2 slots), and large (3 slots). For example: a player might have 10 tiny, 8 small, 2 medium, and 1 large item in their hand representing a total of 17 item slots in inventory, i.e. (10*0.2) + (8*1) + (2*2) + (1*3). The player can see the number of items in their hand by deck, but has to do the math themselves and it's a bit of a drag sometimes. Is there an API script that I can tweak to do the math quickly for each individual player at the push of a button? Is The Almighty Aaron, the Scriptomancer out there with such a script sitting in a drawer somewhere? :)
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Lol.  Do you mind inviting me to your game and GMing me, I can write you something custom pretty quickly if I don't have to set up what you have. Just PM me, should be really fast to throw together.
Like a genie from a bottle, the master appears. PM sent.