Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Infinity 2d20

Just wanted to say thank you, to whomever has been working on the Infinity 2d20 sheet. I appreciate you and your efforts!
Yeah, thanks for screwing up my game, all the character sheets for my players and adversary NPC's, thanks, really, thanks!
They didn't work before, they work now. That's an improvement.
having been playing infinity for 2 years with those old sheets, they work if you do your roll tables right. Right now the sheets are UNplayable, some brackets just dont work and when player (or GM) closes a sheet, it will loose some data (weapons, talent names and such), its carbage. The old ones atleast worked somwhat with creative use of it, atleast it didint LOOSE DATA.

Edited 1666501156
Rob
Pro
If you've got issues, go here:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/DrakeRichards/roll20-character-sheets" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/DrakeRichards/roll20-character-sheets</a> ,&nbsp;raise an issue and ask them to help.

Edited 1666650743
Spektri said: having been playing infinity for 2 years with those old sheets, they work if you do your roll tables right. Right now the sheets are UNplayable, some brackets just dont work and when player (or GM) closes a sheet, it will loose some data (weapons, talent names and such), its carbage. The old ones atleast worked somwhat with creative use of it, atleast it didint LOOSE DATA. Hey there, sorry you’re having issues! I haven’t encountered issues like that during testing, but I’d be happy to have a look and fix it. Which fields have you been losing data on? EDIT: If you're consistently losing data on the weapons and talents, that sounds like an issue with the migration script firing off every time you open the sheet instead of just once. I think I know where the problem is with that; I'll have a look tonight and fix it.
I think I’ve fixed the problem that @Spektri described, but I couldn’t reproduce it on my test sheets to make sure. If anyone else is experiencing this or any other issues, please PM me or report it on my GitHub Branch .
The issue that I experienced has been fixed in roll20. Thanks again for your work.
Rob said: The issue that I experienced has been fixed in roll20. Thanks again for your work. You're welcome! The next step is to overhaul the dice rolling. It's pretty convoluted right now because I didn't have Custom Roll Parsing when I created the initial sheet, but it should be much easier now. This should also eliminate the need for a rollable table for combat dice. Let me know if there's anything else you'd like me to add or change.
Hi, thanks for the fast fix, sheets seem to work as intended now!

Edited 1667074045
I understand that a lot of work went into making the new sheets and trust me when I say that if i'd had these at the start I would be a lot happier but it would have been better if we had an opt in for the new sheets as the sheets have lost a lot of my players and my NPC's details because not everything ported over. Is there a way to get hold of the originals so that my players can note down what is now missing from their character sheets? (And maybe next time find a way of warning people before you make major changes so they can copy character sheets down elsewhere)
Ian M. said: I understand that a lot of work went into making the new sheets and trust me when I say that if i'd had these at the start I would be a lot happier but it would have been better if we had an opt in for the new sheets as the sheets have lost a lot of my players and my NPC's details because not everything ported over. Is there a way to get hold of the originals so that my players can note down what is now missing from their character sheets? I really agree with you, but roll20 generally only wants one sheet per system.&nbsp; The data is luckily still there- it’s stored in attributes linked with the character, not their sheet. I thought that I had set up new locations for all old attributes, but it’s possible that I may have missed some. Do you remember what data is missing? I can check the old attributes and see where they were moved to.
off the top of my head, we had notes at the bottom of the character sheets and in faction handler notes that didn't port over, a lot of talents disappeared, a lot of gear disappeared and I'm not sure how this sheet does Superhuman attributes Thomas Y. said: Ian M. said: I understand that a lot of work went into making the new sheets and trust me when I say that if i'd had these at the start I would be a lot happier but it would have been better if we had an opt in for the new sheets as the sheets have lost a lot of my players and my NPC's details because not everything ported over. Is there a way to get hold of the originals so that my players can note down what is now missing from their character sheets? I really agree with you, but roll20 generally only wants one sheet per system.&nbsp; The data is luckily still there- it’s stored in attributes linked with the character, not their sheet. I thought that I had set up new locations for all old attributes, but it’s possible that I may have missed some. Do you remember what data is missing? I can check the old attributes and see where they were moved to.
From one of the players I got this also Talents &amp; Gear were consistently broken (Gear retained basically nothing), some of us had broken weapons too, Faction Handler Notes missing outright. Superhuman Attributes cannot be added inline as "[+x]" with relevant fields, ie. can't add them to Damage Bonus fields, with the scores in the skill roller, etc. They don't allow entry of non-numerical characters in a number of fields where that is necessary, so I can't put 6+2n in my Morale or 6n in my Security for example. (Referencing persistent and rolled soak) Stress maximums can't list modifiers from Gear/Careers (Like having 1 less Vigour than Brawn+Resistance from an Aug), attempts to do so will be deleted after closing the sheet.
Ian M. said: off the top of my head, we had notes at the bottom of the character sheets and in faction handler notes that didn't port over, a lot of talents disappeared, a lot of gear disappeared and I'm not sure how this sheet does Superhuman attributes I see what happened with the faction handler notes: it was labelled "attr_FactionHandler_Name5" and did get missed in the initial migration script. It's a static attribute, so it's safely still with the character. I'll go through the rest of the attributes this weekend and see what else I could have missed, then push a new version to copy those over. For the talents and gear, those are mostly repeating sections and are more complex. The first version of the sheet I released had a bug that created a lot of duplicate rows and crashed before it actually finished. However, I pushed an update last week that should have fixed this. On these repeating sections, have you already deleted any of the blank rows that were created? Those still hold data, but it's just not visible. I'll have to check my rulebook again for superhuman attributes. I used the official character sheet as a reference, but that was a few years ago. As an alternative to all of this, I can roll back the sheets to the old design. I wouldn't be able to add a migration script, so any changes made after the new sheet was released will be lost. I'd like to try and fix any problems with the current design, but if it's causing more problems than it's worth I can just undo everything.
Ian M. said: From one of the players I got this also Talents &amp; Gear were consistently broken (Gear retained basically nothing), some of us had broken weapons too, Should be fixed now. Please let me know if you're still having issues. Faction Handler Notes missing outright. Luckily these are still there. I'll add them to the next migration script. Superhuman Attributes cannot be added inline as "[+x]" with relevant fields, ie. can't add them to Damage Bonus fields, with the scores in the skill roller, etc. They don't allow entry of non-numerical characters in a number of fields where that is necessary, so I can't put 6+2n in my Morale or 6n in my Security for example. (Referencing persistent and rolled soak) That's correct: these fields are numeric-only so that they can be used for various roll20 functions. I'll have to add new fields next to the existing ones for superhuman attributes. Stress maximums can't list modifiers from Gear/Careers (Like having 1 less Vigour than Brawn+Resistance from an Aug), attempts to do so will be deleted after closing the sheet. These are also number fields so that you can use the token bars with each stress tracker. I can add another section to track modifiers like this.

Edited 1667079209
Can we also have a stress tracker for cashflow please as it works like one in game Earnings + Lifestyle + Personality (And remember Superhuman attributes add to max stress as well)
Ian M. said: Can we also have a stress tracker for cashflow please as it works like one in game Earnings + Lifestyle + Personality I can do this in one of three ways: Auto-calculating field that adds the relevant attributes together, but which cannot be edited. Manually-entered field. Works like any other stat input, but doesn't auto-calculate and can be edited by players. Have three inputs for cashflow: current, modifiers, and max. Max would be calculated based on (Earnings + Lifestyle + Personality + Modifiers). Option 3 is the most flexible, but it might not be necessary if max cashflow isn't modified outside of those three attributes. It's been a few years since I've played the RPG, so I don't remember if that's a common occurrence.
@Ian M.: I've filed the Issues that you've listed in my fork. Please let me know if I've missed anything. I'd also like to get some feedback from others on whether I should just roll back the sheet. This was not as complete as I initially thought, and it's obvious I didn't do enough testing before release. The issues presented so far are definitely fixable, but it will take some time (likely a few weeks) to address them. If this is too disruptive of existing games, I can keep the new sheet in development until I can confirm that everything is working with the help of other testers. As I said before though, this will lose any changes that were made after the new sheet was released.
Actually those changes went much faster than I thought. Here's the new modifiers for stress trackers, soaks, and superhuman attributes:&nbsp; Right now the combat dice symbol is just a symbol, but I'm working on changing these to actual roll buttons.&nbsp; I've also added the missing Faction Handler Notes and included a maximum cashflow field. I haven't been able to check if there are any other attributes missing from the old sheet, but I'll get to that as soon as I can. In the meantime, I'll push these changes to the main branch so some of your immediate concerns are addressed.
Thomas Y. said: Ian M. said: Can we also have a stress tracker for cashflow please as it works like one in game Earnings + Lifestyle + Personality I can do this in one of three ways: Auto-calculating field that adds the relevant attributes together, but which cannot be edited. Manually-entered field. Works like any other stat input, but doesn't auto-calculate and can be edited by players. Have three inputs for cashflow: current, modifiers, and max. Max would be calculated based on (Earnings + Lifestyle + Personality + Modifiers). Option 3 is the most flexible, but it might not be necessary if max cashflow isn't modified outside of those three attributes. It's been a few years since I've played the RPG, so I don't remember if that's a common occurrence. Needs to be option 3 as there are things that can modify like talents gear etc I would like at least a temporary roll back so people can copy down their character sheets to be stored as backups on Discord in case future issues arise if possible
Needs to be option 3 as there are things that can modify like talents gear etc I would like at least a temporary roll back so people can copy down their character sheets to be stored as backups on Discord in case future issues arise if possible Okay, that should be easy enough to implement. I can push that change later today. Come to think of it, a rollback might not be necessary: I should be able to add a toggle between the sheet styles. It’ll take a bit of tinkering with the old sheet’s legacy CSS, but it was relatively simple and shouldn’t slow things down at all.
Being able to toggle back and forth would be amazing, and i'm hoping the older sheets still have the missing info as several custom items where either in faction handler notes or additional notes on the original sheets Thomas Y. said: Needs to be option 3 as there are things that can modify like talents gear etc I would like at least a temporary roll back so people can copy down their character sheets to be stored as backups on Discord in case future issues arise if possible Okay, that should be easy enough to implement. I can push that change later today. Come to think of it, a rollback might not be necessary: I should be able to add a toggle between the sheet styles. It’ll take a bit of tinkering with the old sheet’s legacy CSS, but it was relatively simple and shouldn’t slow things down at all.
Ian M. said: Being able to toggle back and forth would be amazing, and i'm hoping the older sheets still have the missing info as several custom items where either in faction handler notes or additional notes on the original sheets No worries about that: the legacy sheet used mostly different attributes from the new one. The migration script only copied data between them; it didn’t modify the original values at all. There are only two real risks of data loss: The gear, weapons, and talents tables share the same name, which means they also share the same repeating row IDs. However, the attributes in the rows themselves don’t share names. This means that some rows will appear blank in one sheet or the other because of the buggy initial migration script. If these blank rows are deleted, they are gone for good. Extra blank rows should no longer be an issue after the update that was published last week, but if they were deleted before that update then they are gone for good. If your characters still have blank rows in the gear, talents, or weapons tables, make sure that all old data has been successfully migrated before deleting the blank or duplicate rows. If all rows did successfully get migrated, you are good to delete the extras; they still have the legacy data included. Some input fields changed types between the migration. If these were edited after the new sheet was released, and if they shared the same name as their legacy attributes, that different-typed data might be lost. The only example I can think of would be the base attributes (brawn, coordination, etc.): these are numbers now but were text, and they have the same variable name between versions. If you indicated things like superhuman attributes in text, that might be gone if you edited the attribute in the new sheet . This is because the input fields for each attribute have strict typing, but the underlying variables are all treated as strings by Roll20. I pushed an update last night which adds fields for superhuman attributes, so once that’s approved by the Roll20 team you can mark them that way.
Here we go, legacy sheet now has its own tab. Source code is copied directly from the old sheet, so it should work exactly as it did before. I'll submit a pull request for this today and it should go live when the Roll20 team approves it in a couple of days.
Ian M. said: I understand that a lot of work went into making the new sheets and trust me when I say that if i'd had these at the start I would be a lot happier but it would have been better if we had an opt in for the new sheets as the sheets have lost a lot of my players and my NPC's details because not everything ported over. Is there a way to get hold of the originals so that my players can note down what is now missing from their character sheets? (And maybe next time find a way of warning people before you make major changes so they can copy character sheets down elsewhere) I use the Character Vault to take snapshots of characters every few weeks. That way if something goes wrong, I have a backup. With that you can import the characters back into a game if there's an issue, or into a game without a system defined if you just want to look at the data.
Newest update has been accepted into the official branch. Please have a look when you get a chance and see if everything is working as expected. One known issue is that the base attribute fields are too small and only show one digit. I’ll be pushing an update today to correct this.
Thanks so Much for this! I am working on a visual Dice Table for the Combat Dice to mimic the ones you can buy in real life and see if i can get that working. So far the "N" Symbol for 6's works right when rolling on the Combat Dice Table
Enix said: Thanks so Much for this! I am working on a visual Dice Table for the Combat Dice to mimic the ones you can buy in real life and see if i can get that working. So far the "N" Symbol for 6's works right when rolling on the Combat Dice Table I'm currently overhauling how rolling works in the sheet since Custom Roll Parsing wasn't around when I first made it. Once that's done, the Combat-Dice table won't be necessary anymore. Here's what I've got right now: Since that's a ways off though, I did make some images for the combat dice if you'd like to use those: <a href="https://imgur.com/a/uyZ65Bl" rel="nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/uyZ65Bl</a>
They look great! I have a feature request: a variant sheet that just has Momentum/Heat fields on it. One copy of that can then be shared by the GM and all the Players. That way everyone can pop open a little sheet and see/edit the figures on the screen all the time.

Edited 1667707820
Rob said: They look great! I have a feature request: a variant sheet that just has Momentum/Heat fields on it. One copy of that can then be shared by the GM and all the Players. That way everyone can pop open a little sheet and see/edit the figures on the screen all the time. Thank you :-) A group tab is easy to implement, but it looks a bit basic: I just used some tokens I made a long time ago. Graphic design is not my strong suit, so if anyone else has better tokens that would help it a lot.

Edited 1667715939
Rob
Pro
Thomas Y. said: Rob said: They look great! I have a feature request: a variant sheet that just has Momentum/Heat fields on it. One copy of that can then be shared by the GM and all the Players. That way everyone can pop open a little sheet and see/edit the figures on the screen all the time. Thank you :-) A group tab is easy to implement, but it looks a bit basic: I just used some tokens I made a long time ago. Graphic design is not my strong suit, so if anyone else has better tokens that would help it a lot. Thank you! I am 100% not the person you want to talk to on the subject of design, but it looks great to me, anyway. Little up/down buttons might fill it out a bit, and also avoid issues where one person enters a number but doesn't hit return or tab-off the field, so other users don't see the new value.
Q - for a new Infinity 2d20 GM, would I and a table full of newbies (to Infinity) have an easier time with the Legacy sheet or the New sheet? (I haven't done any work yet, just wanted to take a group through Circular File and see how we like Infinity 2d20.)
The legacy sheet is there to allow transition to the new sheet. The new sheet is more complete and reliable. I don't know of any reason to use the legacy sheet unless you have legacy characters you haven't migrated, yet.
Wayne W. said: Q - for a new Infinity 2d20 GM, would I and a table full of newbies (to Infinity) have an easier time with the Legacy sheet or the New sheet? (I haven't done any work yet, just wanted to take a group through Circular File and see how we like Infinity 2d20.) In my biased opinion, the new sheet is easier to use for new players since it closely resembles the official character sheet in the rulebook. If you have any questions or suggestions for it, please let me know and I'll be happy to help. Rob said: I am 100% not the person you want to talk to on the subject of design, but it looks great to me, anyway. Little up/down buttons might fill it out a bit, and also avoid issues where one person enters a number but doesn't hit return or tab-off the field, so other users don't see the new value. Good idea. I've submitted the group tracker changes to the official repo, so that change should pop up in a couple of days. One nice thing with this is that you can now create a "Group character" which is solely responsible for tracking Momentum/Heat. You can then set its bars to the relevant attributes (group_Momentum and group_Heat) and view/edit them without having to open the actual sheet.
Thomas Y. said: Good idea. I've submitted the group tracker changes to the official repo, so that change should pop up in a couple of days. One nice thing with this is that you can now create a "Group character" which is solely responsible for tracking Momentum/Heat. You can then set its bars to the relevant attributes (group_Momentum and group_Heat) and view/edit them without having to open the actual sheet. This is excellent. Thank you!
Tried out the new sub-sheet. Works great! You are awesome. If we (I) had other requests, would you prefer if we (I) put them here or on github?
Rob said: Tried out the new sub-sheet. Works great! You are awesome. If we (I) had other requests, would you prefer if we (I) put them here or on github? Thank you! Either one will work. Filing an Issue is probably a bit better though since this thread isn’t exactly the most official channel.
I found an error with the Vehicle section of the Sheet, when you roll for Damage after adding the appropriate Attributes for the attack the roll damage dice button that comes up has this error "evTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for <a href="https://app.roll20.net/assets/bootstrap.css.map" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/assets/bootstrap.css.map</a>: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE"
Thomas Y. said: Enix said: Thanks so Much for this! I am working on a visual Dice Table for the Combat Dice to mimic the ones you can buy in real life and see if i can get that working. So far the "N" Symbol for 6's works right when rolling on the Combat Dice Table I'm currently overhauling how rolling works in the sheet since Custom Roll Parsing wasn't around when I first made it. Once that's done, the Combat-Dice table won't be necessary anymore. Here's what I've got right now: Since that's a ways off though, I did make some images for the combat dice if you'd like to use those: <a href="https://imgur.com/a/uyZ65Bl" rel="nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/uyZ65Bl</a> Thanks! Yeah I made a Custom Dice Table using the images to allow damage to roll properly for the Player Character and NPC weapons.&nbsp; Vehicle weapons are having an issue though, I had to manually Add Attributes to get the attack roll to function but it is always using the selected Character and the Brawn attribute for a melee attack?(shouldn't this be agility? or is that the way vehicle attacks work in the system)
My attacks when I click the roll damage button for any attack that ISN'T an vehicle comes up like this.&nbsp; When I click the Vehicle attack's button nothing comes up
Enix said: My attacks when I click the roll damage button for any attack that ISN'T an vehicle comes up like this.&nbsp; When I click the Vehicle attack's button nothing comes up It looks like I forgot to add the "vehicle_" prefix to the attack/damage rolls for vehicles when I separated those attributes. I'll submit that fix today.&nbsp; I'm actually seeing the same problem in NPC attacks, but those look like a different cause. I'll check that out too and submit it in the same Pull Request.
Nevermind scratch that on the stat used for the Roll im just an idiot because the Player Character Sheet has Close Combat Listed under Agility instead of Brawn.(Is this intentional?)
Enix said: Nevermind scratch that on the stat used for the Roll im just an idiot because the Player Character Sheet has Close Combat Listed under Agility instead of Brawn.(Is this intentional?) Close Combat is indeed an Agility-based skill. I'm not sure why I set Brawn as the default option for melee attacks. I'll correct that too. Thank you for catching that!
Oh nice!&nbsp;
Found another Error in the sheet when making an attack for Infowar, the Damage button doesn't appear to be working.&nbsp;
Enix said: Found another Error in the sheet when making an attack for Infowar, the Damage button doesn't appear to be working.&nbsp; Can you try few things? Close and then re-open the sheet. This will re-generate the event listeners, which are not automatically created after adding a new row. Make sure that the attack has a name. Check that the damage fields are only numbers: no letters or other symbols.
Alright Thanks! That worked great! I've gotta say having near instant feedback for this is amazing!

Edited 1674162943
Is there any chance we can have a sheet for Spaceships Thomas? And maybe add a section on the bottom left of Vehicles to add&nbsp;the hard points