Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Twilight 2000 4ed updates

Edited 1667517285
DJ
Pro
Hello, I am writing here to find out the next step in character sheet update procedures. I have been given permission from NocFenix to take over the upkeep of the Twilight 2000 4th edition character sheet and I have just finished adding some new features. I have never added anything to the GitHub site where Roll20 hosts the sheets and so I do not know the process. How do I upload the changes? Does it go to a review site first? Do I upload it directly to GitHub? Thanks for any help! PS - I have attached a picture of the updated sheet functions that I have added. It is a new sheet tab which will allow players to keep record of any allies or npcs they might have in their platoon.

Edited 1667662878
David
Sheet Author
You need to create an account&nbsp; on Github and fork the repository.&nbsp; I use the web interface but more professional&nbsp; sheet authors will probably advise you to use the the desktop app.&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Beginner%27s_Guide_to_GitHub" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Beginner%27s_Guide_to_GitHub</a>. &nbsp; You upload the changes to your fork (branch if you are going to modify or create more than one sheet at a time) and the make a pull request.&nbsp; Some basic checks will be made by Roll20 staff and will be merged if everything is ok, usually on Tuesdays unless that has changed.&nbsp; Make sure&nbsp; you are using Unix end of line and the encoding is UTF-8 on any files you send up to Github.&nbsp; Have you changed any attributes?&nbsp;
Hey David, Thanks for the insight! I got some help off of Discord, too, and I did everything you stated above - except I made two pull requests, one for the HTML sheet and one for the CSS file, so I hope that doesn't mess things up. Anyway, both pull requests have green check marks so I think it is all done correctly. This is my first foray into doing this stuff, so I will be reading more through the guide. I appreciate your reply and will wait until Tuesday to see if my changes passed the inspection. I do know that the updated sheet is working as a custom sheet on my game.
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi, I made a small change to the T2K4e sheet some weeks ago changing Manipulation to Persuasion, also with NocFenix's blessing. I added some attributes to track versioning, and since it included changing an attribute I also added a sheet worker script to handle it as well as attributes to handle versioning.&nbsp; One other thing that you may want to fix in the sheet is the fact that load carrier uses the wrong carry limit modifier. In my code it is on row 2336, looking like this:&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; on ( "change:load_carrier sheet:opened" , function () { &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; getAttrs ([ "load_carrier" , "strengthdie" ], function ( values ) { &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; const lc = values . load_carrier ; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; const strdie = values . strengthdie ; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; var cl = 0 ; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; var bpcl = 0 ; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; if ( lc == 1 ) { &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; cl = 2 + strdie ; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; bpcl = 4 + strdie ; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; } &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; else { &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; cl = 0 + strdie ; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; bpcl = 0 + strdie ; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; } &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; setAttrs ({ carry_limit: cl }); &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; setAttrs ({ carry_limit_backpack: bpcl }); &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; }); &nbsp; &nbsp; }); The calculation should be cl = 4+strdie; Another thing to change in that code is to use one call to setAttrs, something like this setAttrs ({ &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; carry_limit: cl, &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;carry_limit_backpack: bpcl, }); Perhaps this is something that you could consider for the sheet? Best Regards, Richard