Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Module Cover Art

Not sure if this is a bug or intended; When creating a game using a module from the marketplace, sometimes it fills the cover page with art from the module like below And most of the time, not; Does anyone know why some modules conveniently add the art and others don't?

Edited 1668926255
Gold
Forum Champion
inconsistent Quality control checklist / proofing ? Doug E. said: Does anyone know why some modules conveniently add the art and others don't?
Gold said: inconsistent Quality control checklist / proofing ? Doug E. said: Does anyone know why some modules conveniently add the art and others don't? This is often a question of priorities, not necessary proofing. It takes resources to create a proper cover image and some GMs pick their own images for the games anyway. I expect that some publishers do not expect significant return on spending resources on a cover page.
The art is already there. You can see it in the Marketplace. Seems to me it is just a bit of code to copy the art into the game details page image when creating a new game. Some modules do this automatically. It's a long shot, I know, but I was really hoping to hear from a dev or marketplace creator who could actually explain this inconsistency. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I don't know the reason for the inconsistency (I do Conversion Contract work for Roll20, but we don't handle that part). But I do know that the art can't simply be re-used. There are different specs for the Marketplace Image (512 x 512) and Game Details Icon (300 x 512). A new piece would need to be made. Again, don't know why sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't.
Ah, OK. Thanks Keith for that bit of insight.