Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll20 5e Sheet - Variable Penalty for Custom Skills?

Basically, I'm running a game with some custom skills and I've been using the tool proficiencies & custom skills section for it.  The issue is, if I don't make sure to add the skills there on the sheet myself before I hand it to the player, the players often forget that the skills exist and just default on the vanilla ones.  But I add the skills there ahead of time, it has no option for not being proficient. So I need to add in a penalty for whatever setting I put it on. Which works fine, for the current level range. But then when players level up and increase their proficiency bonus, the skill automatically rises with it, even if they lack proficiency, because the sheet thinks that they are proficient. So I've been trying various code methods to tell it to reduce the roll by whatever the proficiency bonus is... But it never does, it always treats it like the code doesn't exist and as if there's simply a "0" sitting there.  So basically, how do I get the thing the red arrow is pointing at to apply a penalty to the roll equal to the proficiency bonus? In a way that it will update itself and a player doesn't end up giving themselves a free bonus because they forgot to update the sheet?
Gauss
Forum Champion
First, set it to query the attribute, then you put in: [[-@{pb}]] For some reason it won't work when the attribute is not queried. 
I tried disecting the code to figure out why that's the case, can't figure it out. Thanks though, now I know that there is a way to do it.