Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

4e One Shot tonight

I'm looking to test out roll20 and this new aprox 3hour campaign. If you'd like, I'm going to try to start the campaign at 7 EST tonight. Message me if your'e interested.
I'm interested in trying it out, but just throwing this out there, I've never played a campaign on here before.
it's all good, I've never run one before. I'll send you the campaign scenario and if you'd like send me a character sheet
I'm interested in joining you. I just had a couple questions about the campaign. What level? What materials are allowed? Do you have any requirements as far as backstory or anything?
Level 1-3, any material so long as I approve, back story must be compliant with the basic story. Basic story: While passing through town, you noticed a sign for a reward for helping a wizard. You went to the wizard's home and he gave you this message: I have become old and fragile and need your help. Please venture into the hidden cave by the local lake and retrieve my chests for your reward. I'll pay you 500gp for each chest you bring me and you can keep anything else you find along the way. But be careful, the mine was my old workshop and I fear that the goblins have conquered it and are using it for their own purposes. Be careful now! This campaign will be a slight mystery with approximately 7 encounters. I'm not sure if i balanced the health stuff right so I've made some premade characters (a ranger, archer good for damage, and cleric, good for healing) to help out if needed
I'm in! And I'm going to assume that you want players at level 1. Otherwise you'll have some players making characters at level 1, 2 and 3. Secondly when you say any material then that opens to door to Goodman books, Dragon Magazines, etc. #justsaying
characters can be anywhere from level 1 to level 3, but it seems everyone is making level 1 anyways. I haven't balanced out the enemies yet, so I'm not sure if they're too weak or too powerful. Any material is fine so long as it's approved by me (I only have access to PHB, PHB, and martial but you can send me a description if you'd like the feat/power/race) . Since this is only a one-shot, its gonna take around 3 hours and I'm not too worried about a broken character. So long as you don't give yourself the power to fly or phase through walls, I'll pretty much approve it.
I'm pretty sure I hit everything when I made my monk here. If I need to make any changes for fill in more stuff I'm more then happy to do so.
Looks fine, just need a description of, well, all your powers (I don't have the monk detailed in any of my books) but looks good from what I can see
I'm not trying to be *that guy* but that Monk has way too many points allocated for his abilities. Seven too many to be exact. And I notice he made that character starting at level 3. Is that what level you want us to start at?
I did what the book said, rolled 4d6 and used the top three dice. And I also have this Jack. A little picture of all my skills from player handbook three. <a href="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69/monkq.png/" rel="nofollow">http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69/monkq.png/</a>
don't worry Galen about being that guy. I usually put a lot of trust in my players, so I didn't catch the ability score. I think you gave yourself 9 too many points XD. I'd rather you all be at level 1 and only be up to level 3 if you really want a certain feat/power/wtv. So Daniel, since you will have to lower his ability scores anyway, can you also lower him to level 1. ~~~~~~~~So as a note, level 1 characters please, and try to keep them legal~~~~~~~~~
I have no doubt you did the 4d6 method (you have odd numbers) legally, but in fairness the point buy method is the way to go. Please use the point-buy method to determine ability scores, that way it levels the playing field.
Okay then, I'll do that in a bit and drop him to one. I'll repost it when I'm all done.
Oddly enough Daniel and I chose the same race. Get outta my head Daniel. <_<
Oh.... too powerful monsters eh? Very interesting. I'll see what everyone else makes to balance off the team.
If you still have room I would like to join in. I have a level 2 cleric, which I can roll back to level 1 if needed.
level 2 cleric shouldn't be too overpowered. I'm kind of afriad my monsters are too powerful, so an overpowered healer would be good. I assume your cleric was built to heal, not to deal? in either case, I'd be happy to add you to the campaign. Just message me your sheet preferably in the following format with an additional description of anything houseruled or not included in the PHB or PHB2: Generic Healer, level 1 Dragonborn, Cleric Build: Devoted Cleric FINAL ABILITY SCORES Str 16, Con 10, Dex 10, Int 11, Wis 14, Cha 18. STARTING ABILITY SCORES Str 14, Con 10, Dex 10, Int 11, Wis 14, Cha 16. AC: 16 Fort: 13 Reflex: 10 Will: 16 HP: 30 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 7 TRAINED SKILLS Religion +5, Arcana +5, Insight +7, Heal +9 UNTRAINED SKILLS Acrobatics -1, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +4, Dungeoneering +2, Endurance -1, History +2, Intimidate +6, Nature +2, Perception +2, Stealth -1, Streetwise +4, Thievery -1, Athletics +2 FEATS Cleric: Ritual Caster Level 1: Combat Medic POWERS Cleric at-will 1: Sacred Flame Cleric at-will 1: Righteous Brand Cleric encounter 1: Cause Fear Cleric daily 1: Beacon of Hope ITEMS Ritual Book, Chainmail, Morningstar, Holy Symbol, Adventurer's Kit RITUALS Gentle Repose
So so far: 1 barbarian (striker) 1 monk (striker) 1 cleric (leader) ~possibly a ranger and/or cleric to assist (striker, leader)~ So it looks like the group is in need of a defender or controller Lord Nev.
There, I think that's everything, if I missed something just let me know. I pulled the ability scores right out of the table on page 18 of the player hand book, so I hope that's okay.
*Cracks knuckles* I got just the thing we need. Say hello to Chip <a href="http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=357576" rel="nofollow">http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=357576</a>
Daniel, don't forget your HP. You might be doing that now but I just wanted to remind you just in case.
nice characters guys So I have Dan's, Lord's, and Galen's character. Just need yours Rich and well wait to see if anyone else would like to join. Or, if you guys are all ready earlier, say around 5 or 6, we can start then
Daniel, I'm not sure if your monk has its defenses calculated right. you have your defense bonuses for your class as +1,+1,+2, when it should be 1,1,1? or am I reading this wrong?
never mind you took stone, all good sept Hp
@ Lord Nev Damn I knew I forgot something, I'll throw that on real fast. TY for the reminder. Oh also, I'm good to go whenever you want to start up.
Introducing Fargrim the Healer aka a Cleric I used an array when I built him I've attached a PDF that details the powers he has that aren't in the PHB & PHB2 ====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ====== Fargrim, level 2 Dwarf, Cleric Build: Devoted Cleric Cleric: Healer's Lore Dwarf Subrace: Standard Dwarf Racial Traits FINAL ABILITY SCORES Str 10, Con 12, Dex 11, Int 8, Wis 20, Cha 14. STARTING ABILITY SCORES Str 10, Con 10, Dex 11, Int 8, Wis 18, Cha 14. AC: 17 Fort: 12 Reflex: 11 Will: 18 HP: 29 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 7 TRAINED SKILLS Religion +5, Diplomacy +8, Heal +11, Arcana +5 UNTRAINED SKILLS Acrobatics, Bluff +3, Dungeoneering +8, Endurance +3, History, Insight +6, Intimidate +3, Nature +6, Perception +6, Stealth, Streetwise +3, Thievery, Athletics FEATS Cleric: Ritual Caster Level 1: Pacifist Healer Level 2: Versatile Channeler POWERS Channel Divinity: Healer's Mercy Channel Divinity: Favor of the Gods Cleric at-will 1: Priest's Shield Cleric at-will 1: Astral Seal Versatile Channeler: Rebuke Undead Cleric encounter 1: Wrathful Thunder Cleric daily 1: Curse of Misfortune Cleric utility 2: Healer's Gift ITEMS Chainmail, Mace, Holy Symbol, Potion of Resistance (heroic tier), Adventurer's Kit RITUALS Brew Potion, Hold Portal
I'm good to go earlier
I'm very glad you chose not just to be a cleric, but also a dwarf. Here's the link to the campaign so you can set up macros and I can give you tokens: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/14594/qljpyw" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/14594/qljpyw</a>
I'm fine with going whenever as well. Daniel, one thing I would like to suggest is for you to drop that quarterstaff and pick up some daggers. The quarterstaff is the same damage range as the Monk unarmed strike but has one less to attack. By keeping your hands free and using your unarmed strike it makes it easy for you to draw one of your daggers to make a ranged attack if need be.
I would have sticked with strength as my main ability, rely on basic attack and use a theme to substitute my encounters and dailies. But that's just me.
I know I am a bit late to the party, but if you are still without a Defender or controller I would love to play. I have a defender already made, but I can whip up a controller if need be. ====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ====== Lucien, level 1 Eladrin, Swordmage Swordmage Aegis: Aegis of Shielding FINAL ABILITY SCORES Str 11, Con 16, Dex 12, Int 19, Wis 10, Cha 8. STARTING ABILITY SCORES Str 11, Con 16, Dex 10, Int 17, Wis 10, Cha 8. AC: 14 Fort: 13 Reflex: 14 Will: 13 HP: 31 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 7 TRAINED SKILLS Religion +9, Arcana +11, Diplomacy +4, History +11, Athletics +5 UNTRAINED SKILLS Acrobatics +1, Bluff -1, Dungeoneering, Endurance +3, Heal, Insight, Intimidate -1, Nature, Perception, Stealth +1, Streetwise -1, Thievery +1 FEATS Level 1: Intelligent Blademaster POWERS Swordmage at-will 1: Sword Burst Swordmage at-will 1: Booming Blade Swordmage encounter 1: Sword of Sigils Swordmage daily 1: Dimensional Thunder ====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ====== EDIT: Looks like I was too late. Ah well.
Yep, you missed it. BUT I'm going to rerun it again with some fixes. PS itll actually take around 6 hours to finish
I'm good for most times whenever you guys want to reconvene to finsih the campaign. 1.5 more encounters left.
I just taught of something. EXP!
Doesn't really make much difference honestly. If it was a full on campaign yeah. Otherwise it's moot really.
Hey... I've been in 23 encounters where I almost died twice. And he makes monsters for level 1-3. If it wasn't for the Cleric we'd be goners. But also, you soon run out of healing surges. Can't do much healing when that point hits.
I would be happy to jump in whenever you rerun it. 6 hours shouldn't be a problem for me, as long as it's on saturday or sunday.
<a href="http://community.roll20.net/discussion/1216/4e-dnd-campaign-4-spots-left#Item_1" rel="nofollow">http://community.roll20.net/discussion/1216/4e-dnd-campaign-4-spots-left#Item_1</a> If anyone who's still following this is interested, I'm running the "one shot" again as a 3 parter.