Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to use purchased content in my game?

I bought Dragon Heist. How do I get access to the maps? I have a long-running game and I want to use some of the resources in Dragon Heist in my game. The only thing I can do is start a new game. That's not really acceptable. I have dozens of maps and hundreds of items and npcs and handouts in my current game that i made.
The way to do this would be to create a new game using Dragon Heist, then use the Transmogrifier to transfer the maps and other resources you want into your existing game.
Manny L. said: The way to do this would be to create a new game using Dragon Heist, then use the Transmogrifier to transfer the maps and other resources you want into your existing game. Exactly this. But the Transmogrifier is PRO only... So he'd need to upgrade his subscription...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Waargrin! You are running into the difference between a module (only start new games with) and addon (add to any game). Dragonheist is such a huge module to begin with that they split the four alternate paths into separate addons. Roll20 does this to protect users from doing exactly what you are trying to do: combining assets into a game that will develop problems due to size. Very large games run into problems with performance, and can be very difficult to roll back, copy or recover. One thing you can do with that module is add one or more of the addons to an existing game. That will get you about half a dozen maps. Or you can create a Waterdeep game, go to the map layer and download the map image, then reupload it into your new game. You'd have to size and light it, so this solution is not ideal. Or finally, you can upgrade to Pro (even for just one month) for access to the Transmogrifier tool, which allows you to move just about anything between games.