Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Image dropped onto Map & Background layer from library has vision like a character token

Odd new thing happening to me this evening.  I'm prepping a new map and the map image I drag onto the Map & Background appears to have the same 220 degree field of vision as my character tokens do (screenshot shown below).  Any ideas as to how I can turn this off?  When I right-click on this Map & Background token and try to select "Edit" from the context menu, nothing happens.  I found this thread that seems to imply this has happened in the past, but there's no answer on how to correct this behavior.  I have over 50 maps in my game and this is the first time I've seen this behavior.  I turned off my extensions and refreshed cache, but still no luck.  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Edited 1674274593
Gauss
Forum Champion
Try moving it to another layer, edit the image there, then move it back. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Check your game settings. You might have this as a default setting for tokens. Also, you should be able to double click on it to edit, regardless of layer.
Thank you both for your quick responses!  Both suggestions worked for me.  I have also changed my default game settings to try and avoid this issue in the future.  Thanks again!