Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help with roll macro

Edited 1674498888
So, i've been wandering for hours by now looking for a specific macro for my "Tormenta" setup (Especifially, the "Game of Year" edition) The character sheet attack macros works just fine, but since my fellow friends are not much into remembering to adjust theirs sheets back, i want to make a macro that can  output the critical like the example below, being able to add all the bonus like bonus attack, bonus damage, and the critical multiplier By far, i've came to this macro below, but can't advance any further in the critical stuffs... /em attacked with ?{name of the attack?|} &{template:default} {{name=?{name of the attack?}}} {{Tipo de dano=Impacto}} {{Alcance=Corpo-a-corpo}} {{attack=[[1d20cs>20+@{menace_str}+@{meleeothers}+?{bonus attack?|0}]]}} {{Damage=[[?{weapon damage|}+@{menace_str}+?{Bonus damage?|0}]]}} {{Critical=[[?{weapon damage2|}+?{weapon damage}]]}} The point is: i couldn't figure out how to input another roll to a non-1d6 roll (for example, if the base attack is 2d4 and the player select the x3 multiplier, i couldn't figure how to make the output adjustable enough to become a "2d4 + 2d4 + 2d4" instead of a "3 * (2d4)" Edit I figured out a way of doing this, it's somewhat intuitive but... ?{Multiplicador Crítico|2,?{Dano da Arma&#125+?{Dano da Arma&#125|3,?{Dano da Arma&#125+?{Dano da Arma&#125+?{Dano da Arma&#125|4,?{Dano da Arma&#125+?{Dano da Arma&#125+?{Dano da Arma&#125+?{Dano da Arma&#125}]]}} So, the player will choose the crit multiplier, and it will turn each multiplier in a bonus roll of the base weapon damage. If anyone know a better way of doing this...

Edited 1674534765
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Emmanuel S. said: The point is: i couldn't figure out how to input another roll to a non-1d6 roll (for example, if the base attack is 2d4 and the player select the x3 multiplier, i couldn't figure how to make the output adjustable enough to become a "2d4 + 2d4 + 2d4" instead of a "3 * (2d4)" Unfortunately Roll20 doesn't handle that at all well. You've found the method you need to use. However, you can use the Reusing Rolls trick to get rid of the html entities: &{template:default}{{name=?{name of the attack?}}} {{Tipo de dano=Impacto}} {{Alcance=Corpo-a-corpo}} {{attack=[[1d20cs>20+@{menace_str}+@{meleeothers}+?{bonus attack?|0}]]}} {{Damage=[[?{weapon damage}+@{menace_str}+?{Bonus damage?|0}]]}} [[ [[  [[ ?{Dano da Arma}+?{Dano da Arma} ]] + ?{Dano da Arma} ]] + ?{Dano da Arma} ]] {{Critical=?{Multiplicador Crítico|2,$[[2]]|3,$[[3]]|4,$[[4]]}}} Also if the weapon's critical damage is the same as the base weapon damage, you can reduce the number of queries and use: &{template:default}{{name=?{name of the attack?}}} {{Tipo de dano=Impacto}} {{Alcance=Corpo-a-corpo}} {{attack=[[1d20cs>20+@{menace_str}+@{meleeothers}+?{bonus attack?|0}]]}} {{Damage=[[?{weapon damage}+@{menace_str}+?{Bonus damage?|0}]]}} [[ [[  [[ ?{weapon damage}+?{weapon damage} ]] + ?{weapon damage} ]] + ?{weapon damage} ]] {{Critical=?{Multiplicador Crítico|2,$[[2]]|3,$[[3]]|4,$[[4]]}}}

Edited 1674536635
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Is the weapons critical multiplier entirely separate from the base damage roll? If it has x2 multiple, wouldnt that mean you roll extra damage once: you have the base damage, and rolled again just once for critical? If that's the case, the critical damage above doesnt include the menace_str and bonus damage, and it should. If so, you can do the damage instead like this: &{template:default}{{name=?{name of the attack?}}} {{Tipo de dano=Impacto}} {{Alcance=Corpo-a-corpo}} {{attack=[[1d20cs>20+@{menace_str}+@{meleeothers}+?{bonus attack?|0}]]}} [[ [[ [[ [[?{weapon damage}+@{menace_str}+?{Bonus damage?|0}]] + ?{weapon damage} ]] + ?{weapon damage} ]] + ?{weapon damage} ]]  {{Damage=$[[1]]}} {{Critical=?{Multiplicador Crítico|2, $[[2]]|3, $[[3]]|4, $[[4]]}}} On a normal hit. the damage is shown in the damage row. On a critical hit, the full damage is shown in the critical line -  it includes the normal damage. You can test this by entering a weapon damage of 1d1+9. This means the damage is always 10 points, so a critical/x2 will be +10 damage over a normal hit, x3 will be +20, and x4 will be +30.

Edited 1674602817
OMG! Thank you so much! Even though i've advanced even further from the last time i posted this in adding and discovering new stuffs, this added alot to my macro and general knowledge! You've saved me bro <3 This works just fine for what i'm trying to do. Ah, for explaining about how the critical works, you have a [[base damage + bonus]], and if you achieved a critical, you have [[base damage + bonus]] + [[base damage]] based on your critical multiplier (2x = one extra roll, 3x = two extra rolls)
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
regarding critical damage - that looks like my last post should do what you need then :)