Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Constantly Logged Out

I'm not sure why, but I am constantly finding myself logged out of Roll20.  As an example, I came to the site this morning and was already logged on, and I clicked on one of my games and then closed my browser.  I came back to the site about 30 minutes later...and I was logged out. Why does this happen?  I haven't found anything that says to either keep me logged in at all times, nor have I found anything that says to log me out after a certain period of inactivity.  I can go days being logged in, and then days where I have to log in every time I come to the site. Is this normal behavior?  Is there some setting I have to flush out?
I have this as well. 
Gauss
Forum Champion
You might try clearing your cookies/cache. In case it is an issue there. 
Gauss said: You might try clearing your cookies/cache. In case it is an issue there.  I've tried that to no avail. 
Gauss
Forum Champion
Are you running any extensions?  What browser are you using?  What about anti-virus programs? They can interfere too. 
Gauss said: Are you running any extensions?  What browser are you using?  What about anti-virus programs? They can interfere too.  This is the only site this issue is happening on, so I highly doubt one of those is the culprit.  However, to answer your question: The only extensions I'm using are Trend Micro Security and Capital One Shopping. I'm using Edge. Trend Micro for anti-virus. Again, this is the only site this is happening on.  None of the other sites I use have this issue.  And as an aside, it happened again this morning where I came to the site and had to log back in.  This is getting annoying, especially considering I paid for Plus.  I'm logged in; I should stay logged in until I decide I no longer want to be.  And as a Pro user above has indicated it is happening to them, it's not an individual issue.
If there's a setting for this, I'd also like to know about it. I never want to be logged in if I'm not actively at a site, especially one that stores my billing info.
Gauss
Forum Champion
@Scarecrow71, there could be all kinds of unexpected interactions, hence why troubleshooting involves extensions, anti-virus, etc.  Does that make it the fault of those extensions etc? No, not necessarily, but during troubleshooting it is necessary to find out what the interaction is.  Regarding Edge, while Edge works for most people the supported browsers on Roll20 are Chrome and Firefox. Please try those and see if the problem continues.