Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Q on rest buttons on 5e OGL charactersheet by roll20

Edited 1674989733
First of all, apologies if I missed any ongoing forum thread on that topic. Am wondering about the two rest buttons that can be switched on or off.  Understood that such buttons allows to take a long/short rest and apply their effects on the character sheet automatically based on the PHB resting rules. Is that so? Next question: Do we know if further development is underway to implement optional healing and resting rules as by the DMG p.266/267,or (even better) allow customization of the resting effects on the character? Thanks!
Yes, those buttons apply the effects of a short or long rest to the character sheet. There are also settings in the resources boxes where you can set them to reset after a long or short rest. Hover over the resource and select the gear icon to show the dropdown box: As for other customizations, I don't believe that's possible with the rest feature in this character sheet. There may be a MOD that allows it though.
Ralph
Pro
Marketplace Creator
The Mod "5E Resting in Style" allows you to be more granular (e.g. if items reload daily by +1d6 with a max of 7). And it also works with the spell slots, which the built in version didn't do for me.
Thanks for the suggestions :) Am already working with a customized version of the "5e Resting in Style" script. But I think a more native support of such features is always the better option ;)  Cheers!