Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

All my Roll20 games take too long to load any journal entries and rolls are heavily delayed.

All of my games take at least 2-5 minutes to load the journal entries (text only entries load almost instantly) making it very difficult to access sheets to run a game and even when the sheets do load it takes anywhere from 50 seconds to 2 minutes+ for the roll to post to the chat, meaning already long and arduous combat would take even longer and contested checks will take far too long. I have tried removing extensions from chrome, I have tried clearing my cache, I have tried using a different browswer (Firefox) and have even tried running in incognito mode. None of it works. It's not an internet issue seeing as my internet is 140mps and roll20 is the only site that struggles.
This seems to be a poorly advertised known issue at the moment, lots of people having the same issues - can I ask what are your computer specs? 
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Quad-Core Processor 3.10 GHz RAM: 8 GB DDR4 GPU: Radeon RX 560 Used this same PC the whole time I've played on Roll20 since 2019 and never had this issue until now.
i got this isjue as well :( ,sow fare i have uced physikal dice ;D 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The best way to get useful help on a situation like this is to capture a   Console Log ( Chrome , Firefox )and file a  Help Center Request . That will create a ticket for a team member to look at. Here on the forums, it's mostly community help. Just as an aside, Lag issues are almost never due to computer specs. I can run Dynamic Lighting with explorer mode on my low-mid Chromebook. Connection is not usually an issue either, unless it is particularly troubled (very low speed, remote location, etc.) It's more likely to be either a coding issue on Roll20's end (often but not always indicated by a sudden large influx of reports), a corrupt or overly large game/map pages, a setting on the user end (browser extension, VPN, incorrect setting on hardware acceleration), or a conflict between roll20 code/servers and a user's individual hardware/software setup. (see last paragraph). Lucky Hero, you seem to have tried a lot of the first line checks. Have you tried toggling hardware acceleration? You may even see benefit (anecdotally) by toggling it twice. Are you seeing a huge spike in CPU usage (like 90%+)? That is a known issue affecting a number of users. If it is this case, I can direct you to a thread and resource for that issue.
keithcurtis said: The best way to get useful help on a situation like this is to capture a   Console Log ( Chrome , Firefox )and file a  Help Center Request . That will create a ticket for a team member to look at. Here on the forums, it's mostly community help. Just as an aside, Lag issues are almost never due to computer specs. I can run Dynamic Lighting with explorer mode on my low-mid Chromebook. Connection is not usually an issue either, unless it is particularly troubled (very low speed, remote location, etc.) It's more likely to be either a coding issue on Roll20's end (often but not always indicated by a sudden large influx of reports), a corrupt or overly large game/map pages, a setting on the user end (browser extension, VPN, incorrect setting on hardware acceleration), or a conflict between roll20 code/servers and a user's individual hardware/software setup. (see last paragraph). Lucky Hero, you seem to have tried a lot of the first line checks. Have you tried toggling hardware acceleration? You may even see benefit (anecdotally) by toggling it twice. Are you seeing a huge spike in CPU usage (like 90%+)? That is a known issue affecting a number of users. If it is this case, I can direct you to a thread and resource for that issue. I generally get huge CPU spikes across the board since my PC is 7, nearly 8, years old and hasn't really had a deep clean (which I imagine could help general performance anyway). I got an email back from the bug report ticket and their solution seems to have helped so far. Turns out it might have been NordVPN threat protection. I'm going to keep an eye on things see if the issue resurfaces while threat protection is turned off and update accordingly.