Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New Charactermancer option in game settings

Hi all, so I have changed this to xp based, saved changes, gone in to an existing campaign, applied default settings (after selecting the appropriate tick box from the list) and the only difference I can see for existing characters (as luck would have it, 2 characters have enough xp to levle up, one player has done the deed and one hasn't been through charactermancer yet) is that the one that has levelled up has a steady red icon whereas the character that has yet to complete the process has a flashing red icon.  Doesn't matter which option I select in game settings (milestone, xp, none) and what layers I click or unclick on apply default, nothing changes.  I have created a new character with "none" selected in game settings and sure enough, no irritating red icon. Do I assume then that this will affect new character sheets only?  Will it reset for existing sheets once they have been through charactermancer?  Have I missed a step, though the new test dummy created would suggest not.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Apply Default Settings *should* set the existing characters to the new state. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Did you wait for the process to complete? There is a thin, easy-to-miss progress bar in Apply Settings, that many people get tripped up by.
Well met both.  I did not see that progress bar, thin and easy-to-miss is very accurate, especially in dark mode, but thanks for giving me a way out with dignity : )))  Applied, waited quite a while (it's like waiting for AC Valhalla to load), pop-up saying applied successfully.  Fixed (I would note the need to check the layers selection as well).  Many thanks, take care
I was experiencing a similar problem, with only some character sheets updating. Not having had to use the "Apply Settings" function in a game for a long time I forgot that there was a completion pop-up, and I didn't know about the progress bar (easy to miss? You mean outright invisible in dark mode!). After reading this thread I went back to my game and selected Apply Settings again, this time with dark mode off and voila!, there was the progress bar crawling across the window. All the character sheets are now fixed. I sent a follow up to my Roll20 help ticket to let them know that I resolved my problem, including how and where I found the solution.