Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

DM LF Players for 5E HotDQ Campaign Thursday Nights 8-11pm EST

I'm looking to start a campaign for players interested in playing through the Hoard of the Dragon Queen. This would be on Thursday nights from about 8-11 pm EST. I am looking to start September 4th, next Thursday night. Skype and a mic is required to play. Looking for 5 dedicated players willing to start and play through this whole campaign. There will only be 5 accepted players so if your interested post quickly... If I accept you as a player you will build a 1st level character with the 27 point buy system (rules in PH). Human alternate build is not allowed but human characters get the normal bonuses in PH plus 1 skill proficiency. All other character information straight out of the player's handbook. If you are looking to join this campaign just post a message with some information about yourself. I will post names of those players that I accept for this campaign in a few days.
Hey there. I've been playing D&D for awhile, having been on both sides of the table. I'm looking to play more 5e, and this time works perfectly for me! I want in. I generally like to play rogues and rogue-like characters, and I haven't played HotDQ or even really looked at it. That said, I've got the PHB and feel pretty experienced with it. Shoot me a PM if you want my skype information. Looking forward to hopefully hearing from you.
Hey, I have recently starting up playing D&D starting with the fourth edition a couple months ago, and now I want to get into the 5th. I bought the PH and have looked through it all and feel confident in knowing some of the new nuances. I enjoy playing melee classes or making a class melee oriented (I want to try a blade pact warlock or warlock/fighter). I also enjoy having fun with the game and RPing to a degree; I believe in having fun with it instead of trying to min/max everything. This time is a great time as well for me as well, and I can make that time every week!
Oi, the name's Carlos. I'm fairly new to DnD, though I'm an avid RPG gamer and fantasy enthusiast. I've DM'd a bit for some friends of mine but I've been looking to join a weekly playgroup with more experienced players so I can really start getting into the game. I'm super into the RP element of DnD and would be happy to play a leader/defender role, most likely a cleric. I can make this time consistently, I've got a good mic and skype, and I'm hoping to hear back from ya! Please and thank you!
Hey, Tom here. Very interested to get into a 5e campaign as a player. Have a mic, Skype, am 25 years old and relatively new to RPGs (last two years or so). I currently DM two groups on the weekends running through the Lost Mine of Phandelver and really have the bug to get on the other side of the screen. I have a good handle on 5e as a system so far and my intention would be to roll up a Circle of the Moon Druid. The time works for me (no classes on Thursday and I'm East coast myself) and I'd love to get in a group that runs the entirety of the HotDQ campaign.
I've got a lot of experience with 3.5 and a little with 4.0. Haven't had a chance to try out 5th but I've been waiting for a good opportunity. The time works out fine (it's friday morning for me I work afternoons) and I have a good mic. I'm pretty easy when it comes to filling party roles but I'm somewhat partial to hybrid classes (ranger/paladin/bard etc.)
I am interested, but unfortunately I have class Thursday nights that doesn't end until 8:30.
Welcome aboard gentlemen... Ty, Tom, Matthew, Carlos, James. the early birds get the worm -sort of speak.. Lizard Bite if you want I will put you down as an alternate or if someone drops out/can't make it.. I will be sending each of you a PM today with the campaign link. In this link you will find a character sheet setup with your name that you will have full access too. You can get your character all ready to go and input all the data into the character sheet when you are ready... You will also have access to a "character discussion" forum that I created for you to post what kind of character you want to play and character discussions.. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1137514/characte" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1137514/characte</a>... If you have problems or questions please feel free to ask or PM me... or you can post in the discussion forum as well..
still waiting to hear back from a few of you and only 2 of you have edited your character file in the game... this needs to be done by Tuesday night at the latest, please post if that is going to be a problem. If you have decided not to participate just let me know because I am gathering alternates to fill spots...
Hello. I would love to join if I could, even as an alternate. I am new to the 5E system but have played D&D 3&3.5 for years. I would love to learn the system a little better before I start to DM my own games. I am dedicated, I have a mic and Skype. I can have a character rolled in no time and will fill any role needed. Thanks for your time. Looking forward to hearing from you.
If a spot opens up then I'm willing to join this campaign. I have a dragonborn warlock made (or a human warlock, if dragonborn isn't allowed) with a mage/book of shadows focus. The time is perfect for me, as I'm done with classes at 7 PM EST on Thursdays and have nothing else planned. I have experience with the D&D 5e beta, and I'm just now acquainting myself with the rules for 5e now that I have the PHB. I'd LOVE to play this campaign now that it's out~ just message me in the next few days and I'll get back to you.
If any space open up this far down the line. I would like to join. Already have a few different chars made.
Yeah looks like I'm gonna have to bow out so there's at least one slot.
One open spot just got filled and another maybe opening up tomorrow night if I don't hear anything from the player before that...
Okay, just message me and I'll be able to message back before midnight tomorrow. Who has been accepted in terms of race/class?
@Kirk: If you still need people, well, I've been hoping to find a regular game--I've done a couple of one-shots, and I've got the PHB, so I think I've got a handle on things. I was thinking of trying out a druid next, though I could also make a paladin/cleric if that's needed instead...
We suddenly have one spot open for the game TONIGHT, I need to find exactly ONE dedicated person to fill the void.. this person needs to be able to start tonight, have a full character inputted into game, and be able to play each week during this time slot... I have a few alternates that I have messaged but if they can't/don't want to join that leaves the spot open for you...