Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Custom Character Sheet HTML Button Dice Size Query

Edited 1678859749
i'm currently trying to sort out how to create the following button for players on a custom character sheet. i am well aware that the toolbar already supports this feature, but i'm specifically trying to centralize where players need to go to roll. i'd like to run this through the HTML of the character sheet if possible. player wants to roll damage player clicks a button on their character sheet player is prompted to select what damage die size they roll - d4, d6, d8, d10, or d12 player's roll result is sent to chat (CSS formatting for the result can wait so far as i'm concerned) any help would be much appreciated!
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Roll buttons on the character sheet just do roll macros exactly the same as if you had manually typed them in. I'll post standard macros, and then show how a roll button would do that same thing. Here are two different methods of rolling the damage via macros. Simply create a macro and share it with the PCs. /roll ?{enter damage dice|1d6} ${template:default} {{name=Damage Roll}} {{dice=?{enter damage dice|1d6} }} {{Roll=[[?{enter damage dice}]] }} As roll buttons: <button type="roll" name="roll_damage" value="/roll ?{enter damage dice|1d6}">Damage><button> <button type="roll" name="roll_damage" value="${template:default} {{name=Damage Roll}} {{dice=?{enter damage dice|1d6} }} {{Roll=[[?{enter damage dice}]] }}">Damage><button>
thank you! i’ll try this out and report back.