Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e character sheet bugged formatting

For some reason that I really can't pin down the 5e character sheet has just been broken like this recently.  Much of the text is out of place and the entire rightmost column is shoved all the way down to the bottom left under the 1st.  The spells page is also bugged in a similar way, where the 6th to 9th level spells that would normally be on the far right are shoved down beneath the cantrip to 2nd level spells column.  This is happening in all 5e games that I am in but seems exclusive to this specific 5e character sheet, other sheets work just fine.   So far I have tried changing the browser zoom and font sizes every way possible, from the browser settings to my settings in windows.  I have disabled all of my extensions and performed a full reset of the Chrome browser and yet the problem still persists.  It should also be noted that these issue still happens when I use incognito mode or Edge.  I think the strangest thing is that the formatting doesn't seem to change at all no matter what I do, changing my font to the smallest possible and zooming far out has no effect, which leads me to believe that the way the window scales to account for these changes may be broken somehow?  That's just a guess, and I wouldn't even know how to test for it, but I'm at a complete loss here.  There are several other similar threads that have been posted about this issue but they're all years old and the advice hasn't helped, so I was hoping to maybe see a fresh perspective on the issue.  
Gauss
Forum Champion
It looks like there is a Font issue. That could be at the computer level.  What does it look like in Firefox? The two supported browsers are Chrome and Firefox. Alas, Edge is not supported.
It looks the same in Firefox, I've never had Firefox on my computer before so  you're probably right that this may be at the computer level.  
Gauss
Forum Champion
Perhaps someone might have some suggestions regarding computer level fonts, but in the meantime I suggest filing a bug report with the Devs via the Help Center . Perhaps they will be able to point you in the right direction. 
There is a player in my game that has been having a very similar problem.  The fonts on his character are larger than they are supposed which is causing some of the options to not display correctly. This player is NOT very computer literate so he does not  change anything in his browser (Chrome) or in his system settings (Windows 11) unless someone  walks him through the process (which is a challenge).  He can't guarantee that someone else in his household didn't change something (He asked and no one admitted to anything). I've also found the ancient threads where this was reported in the past and found that they were all closed with no solutions posted. Gauss said: Perhaps someone might have some suggestions regarding computer level fonts, but in the meantime I suggest filing a bug report with the Devs via the Help Center . Perhaps they will be able to point you in the right direction.  Good idea. I'll try that. Maybe it will spur the publication of a fix that can be added to the   D&D 5E by Roll20   sheet wiki.
Hi all, so support still hasn't gotten back to me but in the meantime I've found a workaround, go into inspect element, click the body of your character sheet, and then look in the sidebar for the "Font size" variable as shown in the attached image.  It was set at 12, but changing it to 10 seemed to fix the issue.  Obviously this is still a pain because you have to change it every time you reload the page but it seems there are chrome extensions that can help with this.  Fingers crossed that support gets back to me but at least this is manageable.  
Gauss
Forum Champion
Zen said: Hi all, so support still hasn't gotten back to me but in the meantime I've found a workaround, go into inspect element, click the body of your character sheet, and then look in the sidebar for the "Font size" variable as shown in the attached image.  It was set at 12, but changing it to 10 seemed to fix the issue.  Obviously this is still a pain because you have to change it every time you reload the page but it seems there are chrome extensions that can help with this.  Fingers crossed that support gets back to me but at least this is manageable.   How long has it been since you sent in a request to support?  Have you checked your junk mail folder? Sometimes emails will wind up there.