Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll20 ReRoll ★ April 2023: Q&A

Edited 1682176198
Bianca
Roll20 Team
★&nbsp;Come watch and hang out as we round up what’s been going on behind the scenes at Roll20:&nbsp;<a href="https://youtu.be/D-bb7tjEgJw" rel="nofollow">https://youtu.be/D-bb7tjEgJw</a> ★&nbsp;Questions about recent Roll20 updates? Drop them here!
Alot of people are still having performance problems with roll20 as of late. Are there plans in the works to make roll20 run abit smoother? Like a Mobile version of sorts maybe? If so what's the road plans for such?

Edited 1682053283
I have a few questions: 1. Are there (or will there be) any Screenshots available for the upcoming VTT Update? (I'd like to see it before I decide to Opt-In) 2. There are A TON of Spammers here on Roll20 in the Forums as of Late. WHEN do we finally get 2 FA? 3. Will the PRINT functionality soon available for other Roll20 Sheets, too? Right now it is ONLY for DnD 5E by Roll20! (which is a shame!) 4. Will the Cthulhu Sheet (official by Roll20) FINALLY get an ERA Select? (AND a reordering for talents in other languages) 5. What will follow the Product Portal? 6. Regarding Bio&amp;Info Tab: Will we get a per campaign setting for this? What about popped out character sheets? (Bio&amp;Info STILL first Tab to open and even after editing)
Not sure if this is the best place to ask this, however something that I would love to see as it would help alot in planning and building as a GM is the ability to group maps in the Page Tool Bar, have like folders you can name and keep groups of maps together to allow easier storage and organisation of maps between places. I love roll20 and have been an avid user for a number of years now, this would be a great quality of life feature :)
Mr. NumNums said: Alot of people are still having performance problems with roll20 as of late. Are there plans in the works to make roll20 run abit smoother? Like a Mobile version of sorts maybe? If so what's the road plans for such? We absolutely want to make Roll20 run smoother! Our Operation Fire Bolt team is always on the hunt. There's a couple of factors with performance right now: Chrome and antivirus software. For Chrome performance, the best thing to do is make sure hardware acceleration is enabled .&nbsp; We haven't quite identified any single cause or reliable method to reproduce the issues we are seeing some users experience specifically when using Google Chrome.&nbsp; Some of the problem lies with Chrome itself, as several updates have had performance-altering effects independently of any update on Roll20.&nbsp; We're continuing to work on solutions to these issues. Roll20 became a false positive with some antivirus software , notably Avast and AVG. Avast should resolve once definitions are updated; I haven't heard directly about AVG but we hope they will update theirs definitions if they haven't already.&nbsp; We do have the Companion App for a mobile version. We're constantly making accessibility improvements that should help the mobile experience.
Piers B. said: Not sure if this is the best place to ask this, however something that I would love to see as it would help alot in planning and building as a GM is the ability to group maps in the Page Tool Bar, have like folders you can name and keep groups of maps together to allow easier storage and organisation of maps between places. I love roll20 and have been an avid user for a number of years now, this would be a great quality of life feature :) Map Folder Suggestion to upvote Recent post about upcoming design changes
TheMarkus1204 said: I have a few questions: 1. Are there (or will there be) any Screenshots available for the upcoming VTT Update? (I'd like to see it before I decide to Opt-In) Yes! We'll have previews before the redesign is released. (I'm personally stoked to share those with y'all.) 2. There are A TON of Spammers here on Roll20 in the Forums as of Late. WHEN do we finally get 2 FA? 2FA is under research right now -- it's in the works as we're looking at unifying the login experience across DriveThruRPG and Roll20. The suggestion thread will be updated when we have progress to share. 3. Will the PRINT functionality soon available for other Roll20 Sheets, too? Right now it is ONLY for DnD 5E by Roll20! (which is a shame!) Any sheet author can add Print functionality ! We're identifying the next sheet by Roll20 for the Print button. We pay close attention to the Suggestions &amp; Ideas forum so that's a great place to recommend the next one. 4. Will the Cthulhu Sheet (official by Roll20) FINALLY get an ERA Select? (AND a reordering for talents in other languages) In case you didn't catch the ReRoll, our next CoC release is Pulp Cthulhu! We're taking a look at Eras. You can request the reordering of talents in that sheet's thread and the devs can take a look. 5. What will follow the Product Portal? The Roll20 team relies on the Forums for your feedback. We have threads dedicated to sheets, initiatives, or issues as they arise and of course, the Suggestions &amp; Ideas forum. When the VTT redesign becomes opt-in, we'll have a specific method for collecting your feedback. 6. Regarding Bio&amp;Info Tab: Will we get a per campaign setting for this? What about popped out character sheets? (Bio&amp;Info STILL first Tab to open and even after editing) We're looking at which settings we can add to set on the campaign level for several options! (Excited about that.) I'm checking on the Bio &amp; Info tab, which I'll edit here when I have an update.
Piers B. said: Not sure if this is the best place to ask this, however something that I would love to see as it would help alot in planning and building as a GM is the ability to group maps in the Page Tool Bar, have like folders you can name and keep groups of maps together to allow easier storage and organisation of maps between places. I love roll20 and have been an avid user for a number of years now, this would be a great quality of life feature :) (Hello! For transparency, this is copied and pasted from another post that asked the same question.) We started working on folders in 2022. As the VTT redesign progressed, we decided to roll folders (alongside a few other top-requested VTT features) into that redesign project so that we could deliver them as part of a complete and seamless new experience. You're going to hear more about the VTT redesign this week, but we won't have updates on folders until later this year. I know that's not the news that you want to hear. As soon as we can commit to a date, we'll share one, but know that it's on the top of our minds too!

Edited 1682247398
3. Will the PRINT functionality soon available for other Roll20 Sheets, too? Right now it is ONLY for DnD 5E by Roll20! (which is a shame!) Any sheet author can add Print functionality ! We're identifying the next sheet by Roll20 for the Print button. We pay close attention to the Suggestions &amp; Ideas forum so that's a great place to recommend the next one. 4. Will the Cthulhu Sheet (official by Roll20) FINALLY get an ERA Select? (AND a reordering for talents in other languages) In case you didn't catch the ReRoll, our next CoC release is Pulp Cthulhu! We're taking a look at Eras. You can request the reordering of talents in that sheet's thread and the devs can take a look. Bianca. Regarding the PRINT function: when introduced I had in mind that it was to be implemented to ALL Sheets "by Roll20" while giving Sheet Developers the option to do so for their own Sheets! It'd be nice to see that function e.g. in the "Cthulhu 7E" Sheet by Roll20 as well as the many other sheets "By Roll20" out there. Remember: YOU are the devs, the Sheet is closed source so even if we wanted, we can NOT add this functionality to said sheets! As for the Era select and other things with the Cthulhu Sheet: I posted my Idea in the Product Portal AND in the Sheet Thread! Since I am using Roll20 in English the Ordering of Talents in other languages does not disturb me, but my Players! So at least it'd be nice to see / read, that it is at least KNOWN, this exists, even though other things might take priority right now!
Seeing as I missed this, any mention of anything PF2 related? I mean, I saw the updates about the character sheet. Nice, but still so much missing. How about an update on removing the Charactermancer from the market store that was done without a word, despite having been there since before August of 2019, just not doing that now? Communication.
I haven't watched it yet but the video is up on youtube.&nbsp;<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-bb7tjEgJw" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-bb7tjEgJw</a>
Edited the top post with the YouTube link!
Hi! I was really disappointed by the presentation. We just saw existing stuff. No preview of new general functionalities or enhancements on the VTT. I expected a lot more and I think the announcement promised more.
Same. Disappointed it was old related stuff. Use the Re-Roll to discuss / tease upcoming features OR, when new features becomes live, in that same week re-roll goes over it. Thus you would schedule things. Push features to live servers on Tuesdays, Re-Roll discuss it on Fridays. Ideally - Discussion first (Fridays) then drop it live the following week (Tuesday).&nbsp;&nbsp;
I Think they delivered on what they were promising. The features they showed they were excited about and looked cool. opening and closing doors/windows and locking them does seem Neat. (although i just use fog of war so just reveal what needs to be at any time. and these features lag so bad for me I just can't use them.. &gt;&gt;; But I'm sure someone is super happy about them)

Edited 1682619350
I apologize if this isn't the right place to ask this, I am new to Forums. I am new to Roll20 and VTT's in general. I am trying to play around and learn the "Lost Mines of Phandelver" DND Module so that I can DM for my group this weekend. When I launch the game and look from the player's perspective I can see the pages like "World Map" and "Landing Page" but on pages "battle maps" where Dynamic Lighting is involved, like "Cragmaw Castle" or "Wave Echo Cave" the players only see a black screen.&nbsp; I have checked the page settings and dynamic lighting is turned on, fog of war is off, tokens have sight and are assigned to me (the DM) I cannot figure out what I am missing. If I turn off dynamic lighting, the player can see the whole map, including enemies. Can anyone help me figure out what I am missing?&nbsp;&nbsp;
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
It is generally best to create your own thread in the questions and macros forum for something like this.&nbsp; You are likely missing something on the token settings for the players.&nbsp; You might start with the Help Center article on dynamic lighting. <a href="https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/4403861702679-How-To-Set-Up-Dynamic-Lighting" rel="nofollow">https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/4403861702679-How-To-Set-Up-Dynamic-Lighting</a>

Edited 1682692420
Are there plans to continue improving the video chat in roll20? My group started experiencing an influx of problems when Fire Bolt was rolled out and now the legacy video chat no longer works for us either. Currently, roll20's video chat is unusable for my group which is frustrating since we've been using roll20 exclusively for about 4 years now.
Hello Amanda, We released updates to the Integrated Voice &amp; Video last week. Can your group use Integrated instead of legacy? What other problems is your group having?&nbsp;
We tried video Tuesday night and one player kept glitching (he’d freeze for us while everyone else froze for him.) 5 people total…
We've been trying to use the new integrated voice chat and that's when we started experiencing problems that we weren't experiencing before, or at least hadn't experienced in years. We also tried switching back to legacy but it doesn't seem to work at all anymore, even after multiple attempts at refreshing, reconnecting, and emptying caches. Our main problem with the new one is that some audio is on an extreme delay, as in the person speaks and then we get their audio nearly 2 full minutes later. We will also struggle to all see and hear each other. It is now very rare for everyone to have each other. Sometimes we'll have everyone's audio, but not their video, sometimes we won't have either, sometimes we have both for everyone but we get the grayed-out "connection unstable" message constantly with no chance of it going away. And now some of my players just can't get roll20 to work for them at all, not just the video chat. I do have a large group (8 total) and some likely have older computers but we had almost zero problems until the newest batch of updates.&nbsp;