Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Add numbers to display on tokens

I have been thinking about this for a while. If I run an encounter where there are multiple enemies of the same type, I will assign each one a colour dot using the status effects to make it easier for myself and my party to track individual HP and targeting.  However, one of my players is colour blind, so this doesn't work 100% for him. Would it perhaps be possible to add in numbers on the status effects? Maybe 1-9 in white with a black border? It would be so much easier if he could say 'I aim for skeleton 3' rather 'I aim for the blue skeleton? Is it blue? I think it is blue'.  Thank you for reading!
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
In the meantime, you can add a number overlay to any installed statusmarker by hovering over the marker in the popup menu and pressing 0 thru 9 on your keyboard, as described here . 
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
You can also buy on the marketplace or create and upload your own custom token markers if adding numbers to the color dots doesn't work out for you.
David M. said: In the meantime, you can add a number overlay to any installed statusmarker by hovering over the marker in the popup menu and pressing 0 thru 9 on your keyboard, as described here .  YOU ARE THE GREATEST
You can also look at using custom status markers, either by creating your own, or purchasing a set like this one .
OMG, the workaround (type a number over an applied marker in the marker menu) is so handy.  I never realized I needed this feature until now.  If I have a bunch of the same kind of enemies, I put numbers in the labels so my players can reference "enemy #4", but that requires editing each token, and the players can't see the number unless I display the label (and sometimes I want to hide those). This is so much faster for a quick encounter setup. I'm voting for the idea, because now I'd like numbers without using one of the standard markers (which I use for conditions) as well.  But the workaround is great! Actually, what I'd really like is numbers without markers, just a hovering "12" or similar.  How about "mouse over the token and just type into a 'overlay on token' field", which you could use for numbers or any other text?
I like Ken S.'s idea as well.
[Deleted]
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .