Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Why is the character sheet behind the select bar AGAIN? Wasn't this fixed?!

Why is this the case? I thought this was fixed back then...
Hi TheMarkus1204 -- Character sheets and Handouts are supposed to go behind the Toolbar; we haven't changed that recently. 

Edited 1682740406
Bianca said: Hi TheMarkus1204 -- Character sheets and Handouts are supposed to go behind the Toolbar; we haven't changed that recently.  Well can you make them NOT supposed to do that?  Pretty please with sugar on top?  Because it's really annoying and pointless.  Like can you think of one good reason why I would want to change tools while interacting with a character sheet?  Like am I going to draw some lines on a character sheet or drop a torch on it? Probably not.  So, logically, the toolbar should go behind character sheets and handouts.  Thanks so much for your help.
Domigorgon
Plus
Marketplace Creator
It would probably be best if the last tool you interacted with remained on top. Same goes for Initiative window.
Yeah, no idea why they want the bars to act this way.  It's really annoying.

Edited 1683301352
THANKS! That's exactly it! AND it is even in front of their pdf reader... Gargamond said: Bianca said: Hi TheMarkus1204 -- Character sheets and Handouts are supposed to go behind the Toolbar; we haven't changed that recently.  Well can you make them NOT supposed to do that?  Pretty please with sugar on top?  Because it's really annoying and pointless.  Like can you think of one good reason why I would want to change tools while interacting with a character sheet?  Like am I going to draw some lines on a character sheet or drop a torch on it? Probably not.  So, logically, the toolbar should go behind character sheets and handouts.  Thanks so much for your help.
Bianca said: Hi TheMarkus1204 -- Character sheets and Handouts are supposed to go behind the Toolbar; we haven't changed that recently.  It WAS different and was changed back for whatever reason. Point stands: If you have a small display and need to put an opened character sheet there, you can neither see nor access it properly because the toolbar is in the way! Also I noticed as of late that you can not put the sheets all the way to the left. I assume this was necessary due to the upcoming redesign as it is reserved for all the tools etc.

Edited 1684925715
Wish there was an official answer to this besides that it "has not been changed recently". OR is it planned to draw on the character sheets or to put markers on that? That is the only reason to have the toolbar in front! And I rather have Character Sheets or PDF Reader in front than the toolbar overlapping everything!
I've recently noticed while working on the DL layer that this happens with the pop-up menu for choosing wall type and color.  If the pop-up appears near the upper left corner of the screen the screen menu blocks it. I have to pan my screen around to find a configuration where  the pop-up is in the clear.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
My guess is that this will likely not be an issue with the upcoming Toolbar redesign.
Of course not, since instead of the menu it will be a sidebar and fixed to the left side of the screen. There already is a margin for as far to the left you can drag a character sheet... My guess is that it is reserved for this new sidebar... keithcurtis said: My guess is that this will likely not be an issue with the upcoming Toolbar redesign.
Just noticed something really strange... I had to resize the browser to fit in Adobe Reader to transfer the values to the CoC sheet when the Sheet was in Front of everything... How come this IS the case only on small screens? When tested again with only Browser open it was behind the bars again... When the Sheet is opened, WHY would I want to select or use a Tool from the Sidebar?! It does NOT make any sense!
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
TheMarkus1204 said: When the Sheet is opened, WHY would I want to select or use a Tool from the Sidebar?! It does NOT make any sense! In games I run and in which I play, it isn't uncommon to want to use the dice grid from the toolbar.  Having it be on top of the sheet by default keeps you from having to keep the sheet far enough away to keep from blocking that grid when it pops up from the toolbar.  Having that appear behind the sheet is... less than optimal.