Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Older D&D versions

Jacob R.
Pro
Translator
Fantasy Grounds have license for older D&D versions (AD&D 1E/2E - they call it D&D Classic). Are Roll20 working on getting a license for this as well? And what about 3.5? or 4e? I like to play older versions now and then, so it would be awesome if Roll20 also offered that.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Jacob! Does Fantasy Grounds (the company) have an actual license (from Wizards of the Coast)? I was not aware that Wizards licensed any editions prior to 5th (and OGL for 3/3.5). I see Community Rulesets on FG, supporting the OSR. There are community sheets for those rulesets on Roll20 as well.  The closest you would probably find to compendium-supported play for those editions however, would be Dungeonworld.
Jacob R.
Pro
Translator
Hey Keith Yes they do! Hence I was hoping something like that could come to Roll20. And they have a LOT of it:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/productbundle.php?bundleid=WOTC2EBUNDLE" rel="nofollow">https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/productbundle.php?bundleid=WOTC2EBUNDLE</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Interesting! Live and learn. I doubt that Roll20 itself has the bandwidth to support a whole new line, but it sounds like a great opportunity for a third party.
As a (very) old Grognard I would totally support this! I've pretty much created my own 3.5E rules in Roll20 using a bazzilion handouts but it would be great to have ADnD/2E/3.5E officially supported. There is so much good content in those systems.
1st Adventures
Marketplace Creator
Hey Manny, I completely agree with you! The older editions of D&amp;D, like AD&amp;D, 2E, and 3.5E, hold a wealth of fantastic content. That's why I'm excited to let you know that First Adventures has designed a series of adventures tailored specifically for the first edition rule system. Our first adventure add on release was launched last week. &nbsp;I think you'd really enjoy them! Let me know if you're interested, and I can provide more information.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
First Adventures said: Hey Manny, I completely agree with you! The older editions of D&amp;D, like AD&amp;D, 2E, and 3.5E, hold a wealth of fantastic content. That's why I'm excited to let you know that First Adventures has designed a series of adventures tailored specifically for the first edition rule system. Our first adventure add on release was launched last week. &nbsp;I think you'd really enjoy them! Let me know if you're interested, and I can provide more information. Even 4th edition (for all the poor reception of the rules) had some great sourcebooks.

Edited 1689420222
First Adventures said: Hey Manny, I completely agree with you! The older editions of D&amp;D, like AD&amp;D, 2E, and 3.5E, hold a wealth of fantastic content. That's why I'm excited to let you know that First Adventures has designed a series of adventures tailored specifically for the first edition rule system. Our first adventure add on release was launched last week. &nbsp;I think you'd really enjoy them! Let me know if you're interested, and I can provide more information. Sure, give it a shout out! I'll always on the lookout for new ideas. I tend to run high-level games (my main campaign PCs are currently at 20th-level) so prefer that sort of content, but am always happy to support someone looking to push some old school DnD out.
1st Adventures
Marketplace Creator
Hey there! It's great to hear that you're open to new ideas and willing to support old school DnD content. We appreciate your enthusiasm for high-level games, and we’ll consider your input for further campaigns.&nbsp;