Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Black on map becomes a dark muted blue.

I uploaded 4 maps that I had created and 1 of them imported into my game just fine. But 3 of them had all of the black in the image change to a muted blueish color. Anyone had this issue or know how to resolve it? Reuploaded the maps has the same result.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Ondair! Check to see if the map has a blue tint applied to it? Double click on the map to see the tint, if any. If this is the case, and all graphics upload with a blue tint, we can fix this on yor game settings page. If it is just those maps, make sure the map image does not have any transparency. If it is a gif, try re-saving as a jpeg, incase it's a bad color lookup table. Screenshots might alos help decipher what's going on.
Hi Keithcurtis! Thanks for taking an interest in the issue. My maps are all jpegs so transparency shouldnt be an issue here. I did also check to see if I had applied a tint to them but it doesnt seem so. Im attaching a screenshot of my map in game with the original map image open on my computer overlaying it. I'll try seeing if saving it as a different file type or simply again does anything to combat the issue.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hmm. It might require a hands-on investigation, but just double checking: the map is definitely on the Map layer? Do you have Dynamic Lighting turned on? If you'd like another investigator on this, feel free to shoot me an invite via PM (never post those publicly), and promote me to GM. I'd be happy to take a look.