Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Centring the Map When Zoomed Out

Score + 43
Roll20 needs to fix the issue where the map/canvas/tabletop hugs the top left of the screen as you zoom out further and further. You need to be able to drag the map so it stays in the centre of the screen. There have been so many times where I'm running Roll20 through my projector onto a wall for my sessions and I've zoomed a map all the way out for my players to see, but it's completely hugging the left side of the screen (and therefore the left side of the room). It's really irritating for something that should be such a simple fix!
Agreed, it's a small but reccuring annoyance, and anything reccuring becomes more of an annoyance.
Hopefully we can get more votes on this before the timer runs out. Would be great to see Roll20 action it!
I'll add my "yea" to this. Coming from the Engineering CAD world, zooming that does not center on the cursor position *confuses and infuriates us* :)
Added my vote and likewise agree. (AutoCad since '88, Solidworks since 2010) A "Zoom Window" option (aka Marquis Zoom) would also be handy. Rein P. said: I'll add my "yea" to this. Coming from the Engineering CAD world, zooming that does not center on the cursor position *confuses and infuriates us* :)
The fact that this hugs the left and can't be centred without zooming in to fill the page feels like a bit of an oversight on Roll20's part.
Completely agree. The map being stuck is highly annoying too
Absolutely! Each and every time I play / GM on Roll20 I have to zoom in just to move the map where I want the map to be!
+1
Please, I am missing this feature so badly...