Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Suggestions on token display and control

I hope Roll20 could have some more functions. 1.  Height display on tokens. Without height mark, I can only use corner marks + numbers to show the height. Not comfortable. 2.  GM can Lock the tokens. When the combat begins, I wanna everyone stop and listen the discription, and then go to the combat.  3. Copy the map to another room For now, when I create a game, I can duplicate a map in the room, but can not copy to another room.  I used Roll20 for 3 years, most games are saved in Roll20 rooms. Most PLs in my group used Roll20 as well.  B ut nowadays, FVTT seems has more functions, the former two suggestion already come true in FVTT. So I have to switch stage frequently because some GM tend to use FVTT. I think the above three are minor adjustment, easy to complete. I sincerely wish Roll20 can do as well as FVTT in functions, and be our unique stage.
It will be better if Roll20 can show each PC's view by her own height. But it will be a big project.
+1, Elevation is really needed (eg, for flying creatures, characters, or people up in trees).  I usually use one of the token circles for this, but it's not really very good.  Roll20 is fundamentally 2D though, so really fixing this is likely very hard (worthwhile, but hard). I'll note that I tried token lock (there's an API script you can use as a Pro subscriber) because my players kept moving tokens after I said stop, and it turned out to cause more problems than it solved and I had to give up (my players did get better about stopping after being frustrated by the locked tokens).  Any fix to this needs to ONLY block movement, and not other things (I think the "ruler with waypoints" was blocked by the script I used, but it's been a while and my memory is faded). By copy map to another room, do you mean replicating a map formed from multiple objects as another Page in the game?  You can kind of do this with copy/pasting of grouped selections (click and drag a selection rectangle) of objects, although you have to do it separately for each layer and it doesn't usually line up nicely with the grid.  A Duplicate Page button in Page Settings would certainly be useful. I've found myself needing to do that a few times (e.g. to replicate a complex map formed of many tiles so I can have day/night or before/after maps for significant events).
+1 #1 I dread the day when I have to make use of a map with more than two layers of floors, but in elevated terrain outside this would be grand. #2 I agree, you just want to lock the Players out of messing about sometimes. This has been suggested before. #3 I don't understand what is meant here.
Ken S. said: By copy map to another room, do you mean replicating a map formed from multiple objects as another Page in the game?  You can kind of do this with copy/pasting of grouped selections (click and drag a selection rectangle) of objects, although you have to do it separately for each layer and it doesn't usually line up nicely with the grid.  A Duplicate Page button in Page Settings would certainly be useful. I've found myself needing to do that a few times (e.g. to replicate a complex map formed of many tiles so I can have day/night or before/after maps for significant events). Not another Page in the same game, I mean Duplicate the map to another game. 
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .